Official Pins & Axles Discussion Topic

Ok dude, whatever you say

But to be totally honest @Eljay, we’re all wasting time. We’re all here playing with Lego, and doing weird stuff on the internet. If that isn’t wasting time then I don’t know what is, but we’re also all having fun. I said the video was cringe-worthy and cheesy. I never said it was bad, though the tone of the message did imply it. I still had a laugh watching the intro, and the rest of the video was very interesting. If you don’t like that then whatever.

I like it a lot.
I really like analysis videos so if the rest of the series is as in depth or more thats gunna be awesome.

Honestly, the entire thing felt a bit too scripted to me. Other than that, I think it has a lot of potential.

Outside of the beginning and the end, nearly the entire thing was scripted. =P Unlike Var, I need a frame to work from. How would you recommend bettering that script feel?

1 Like

Do you run through the script a few times before you record? I know that helps.

Oh yeah, I do several run throughs. This was my second or third recording, and one of several re-writes. I believe this feeling may be because I try not to hiccup or repeat, and do it right on the first try.

1 Like

That might be it, honestly. I’d just suggest experimenting with different preparations. If you’ve got the time this article might help as well : How to Sound Natural When Delivering a Scripted Speech

glad to know that this topic is “offical” lol

This was an alright video, though as I’ve mentioned elsewhere, I really wish you had gone more into what makes the sets so visually cohesive, even if it wasn’t the main point.

I also felt like a handful of lines could have be spoken more clearly, but its understandable given the time constraints.

5 Likes

Eljay shave the beard its getting unruly you’ll scare small children. Also so this will be posted every other week?

Ah, bite me.

Yeah, and we did discuss this in Discord. Maybe I will come back to this topic, or discuss aesthetics in greater detail in a future video.

4 Likes

Twas pretty cool, I look forward for a episode on Ninjago.

(Also you should maybe try to sit in the middle of the camera frame, rather then off to the side, just a thought)

Cool. That was so cool how everyone commented “cool” in the comments. I want to see another cool moment like that. Overall, cool show Eljay.

3 Likes

I Eljay doesn’t shave his beard anytime soon, I will beg of him to put his Miru back on.

2 Likes