Official RPG How-To Topic: Writing, GMing, and More (or Less)

This Post Saved for Future Content

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

why do you feel the need to call me out like this in these trying times

7 Likes

Why did you decide to tell the entire world your name was Bob

4 Likes

The world was pretty persuasive.

7 Likes

I’ve been considering making a similar topic, though with a lot more narrow focus. Mainly about the design and layout of character sheets and what it should communicate to both player and GM. And if anyone reading this is looking confused by that statement, you have no idea how much the structure of the character profile, let alone its content, drives me insane.

So if you don’t mind other contributors in this topic Ghid, might just toss in that essay here in the near future. I doubt there are many others quite obsessed about that portion like me.

5 Likes

I’d like to proofread it first (and also would prefer you offered a couple more essays on other topics) but by all means. Having two or more experienced voices here would be better than one.

Sad LEGO Bob noises I crie everytiem

8 Likes

That filthy traitor deserves to be sad.

1 Like

Good to see this finally getting addressed. I think allowing others to contribute moderated articles would be good.

Maybe I’ll learn some things so I can actually join a rpg with self confidence :pensive:

3 Likes

Ooh, I will bee watching this closely, now if only i had an rpg to practice my newfound skills in :upside_down_face:.

2 Likes

A topic like this has honestly been sorely missing from the community for a looooong time. To the point where I considered writing it myself back in the day.

I know I already PM’d you @Ghid but I just realized the way I was gonna do it before won’t actually work, SO.

Lemme know if you’re going to need more than 2 posts per header and how many headers you plan to have and I’ll make sure this guide is facilitated properly

7 Likes

we assure you it was inadvertent

2 Likes

Poor Kyle, first it was Catra, and now it’s Ghid. That poor dude just can’t get a break!

All jokes aside this is a cool topic. I don’t have any questions yet, but keep up the good work

3 Likes

Kyle! Learn to put paragraph breaks!

3 Likes

He can’t put paragraph breaks if his heart breaks first

3 Likes