Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

Individual cells on the Toa are capable of reproducing, thus they are organic lifeforms.

1 Like

THE POWER OF THUNDERTHIGHS NEVER DIES

1 Like

What are thunderthighs? If not thick persevering

3 Likes

Well, given that I’m kind of at fault for this:

…I think I should probably clarify that I was not at all kidding with the suggestion and didn’t want it to become a complete meme. Maybe a bit, but I seriously think a pink Toa of Stone would be cool and hope that he wouldn’t get disqualified now just for being pink. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I usually use this webpage when I want to know stuff related to Lego colours:

It says that what Lego has called Metallic Bright Red (MET.BR.RED) is the same as what Lego has called Bright Red (BR.RED), which is the same as what Bricklink calls Red. It has an RGB hex code of C91A09.

1 Like

Gotta say, I didn’t see the diaper comment coming, and now I can’t unsee it. Thanks for that! :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve removed it already, and swapped their armors as per Avaru’s suggestion.

The masks aren’t final. The Tryna is the only silver mask I had that wasn’t a Legendary. Gaaki’s shoulders being that wide is a design choice that I’m reluctant to let go of, but if the tapering is an issue I can try to get more of the larger black gears to replace the smaller ones. As for the spears, I’m not totally attached to what I used for Kualus, but Gaaki’s “hecc u”-sized trident just fits too well with my plans for her design.

When choosing masks that you’ll use to represent the Hagah, what are you guys keeping in mind?
Symbolism of the mask? Choosing something that you feel would’ve correlated to the character if they had to wear another mask/just befits their personality
Aesthetic? Something that just generally flows with the armor design you chose/element of the Toa
Or a new design because new

2 Likes

Some of everything. Here’s a rough mockup brought to you by the finest free online image editing websites I could find:

I chose the Uniter Mask of Water for Gaaki because, for some reason, I’ve always associated that mask with her more than the actual G2 Gali set.

Standard Shelek for Bomonga for two reasons: I think it would be cool to give one of the Hagah a new variant of an existing mask, and Galva’s Shelek really worked with the “big and tall” vibe that I’ve been thinking of for Bomonga.

Khingk’s Mask of Psychometry as Unknown Kanohi purely because I really like the shape. And the squarishness fits with short/stocky Pouks (sorry I couldn’t capture his thunderthighs. Maybe later).

And then a Hau for Kualus because I figure at least one of them should use a pre-existing G1 Kanohi, and the Hau is pretty much the most iconic one there is.

When it comes to new vs. old designs, I think we should go for a balance; it would be a shame to not take advantage of the opportunity to do something new (even if they’re just variants of existing masks), but it would also seem a bit too convenient if all four of them happened to have never-before-seen Kanohi.

4 Likes

I can’t use any of the designs that I made for them, since they all have elements that relate to their mask powers (kualus’s mask was animal-like, Gaaki’s mask had a “third eye,” etc…)

I think I’ll probably just use the official masks, so that people don’t need to buy a mask or print one out. (I could see it being mandated).

1 Like

No offense but those colors are outgreagous

4 Likes

Good.

That’s how they stand out as elite.

2 Likes

I can go along with metallic red Bomonga and Pink Pouks, but I’m not sure about green Kualus and gold Gaaki.

I like the varying heights though. I plan on making my Pouks a little shorter. I was planning on making Bomonga taller and giving Kualus a hunched neck, but that might be more variation than I’m willing to give them.

1 Like

She’s supposed to be orange, but the colour swapper didn’t like how similar Iruini’s gold already was to orange. Ideally it’d be the same shade of orange as has been posted on a Gaaki MOC earlier in the thread. (Phantoka Pohatu, except shinier)

I see. Which website did you use?

It just makes them look bad, I’m sorry

For me aesthetic mostly so that it flows with the armor, and fits in to a degree with the original two hagah feel wise.

Yeah not sure how I feel about Kualus, but I do agree a brighter copper color would look cool on Gaaki. It’s a shame there is no official color that is a more vibrant copper.

I don’t know if this changes any opinions, but the green on Kualus would ideally be the official Lego metallic green.

(Again, the colour swapper was kind of limited.)

2 Likes

Ah. That’s the same website that I used to use for my Artakha recolors.

A few days ago, however, I found a website which, in my opinion is far superior. It takes less trial and error, and is generally easier to use.
Here’s the link: https://www.colorizephoto.com/

To each their own. I think that Green Kuakus looks fine, but I’m unsure if whether or not it’s befitting of a toa of ice.

Ahh gotcha, still not sure if I would personally like it for Kualus, but I can get behind that color in general as a metallic toa color.

2 Likes