Official TTV MOC Contest #2: Brickonicle

You can count me in. :thumbsup:

I have an answer to the last question, kinda.
No original characters for this. Eljay says it’s restricted to canon G1/2 characters.

2 Likes

Welp, there goes my originality…

This’ll be fun.

Not gonna win by a long shot, but here goes nothing… to LDD!

Edit: @Eljay since custom painted pieces are allowed does that mean I can use LDD Extended mode?

1 Like

About custom/painted pieces, will some degree of photoshop/editing be allowed to create pieces that don’t exist [different helmet molds, etc.]?

Do action features effect the judging?

Hmm, this is interesting. I might try this out.

I’m on holiday right now, can’t wait to get home and get building. Based on the fact that this is supposed to be making a ‘Bionicle system set’ like Lego might actually make it, action features, functions and other things you might find in an officlial build would be important.

1 Like

I’m in. :slight_smile:

oh well

Hmmm… Looks like I’ll be buildin’ some sets. :smiley:

Question: A pivotal point in any Lego set is the minifigures. If one would like to… preserve his minifigures from extreme customization, may we include ‘prelim-esque’ characters that stand in for ‘final’ minifigures?

1 Like

Are we allowed to use third party minifig accessories from places like Brickarms, since custom parts are allowed?

2 Likes
  1. I suppose, just make sure we’re aware of who they are first. And for the sake of simplicity, make sure they showed up in some capacity in the story.
  2. Only the ones you’ve established as the Toa Mata/Nuva.
  3. No, for this they have to be canon G1/G2 characters.
  4. They don’t have to be rendered, but that’d certainly make them look better.
  5. You can, but we won’t require it.

Yes.

Yes, provided it’s somewhat realistic in it’s application, if that makes sense. =P

I won’t say, so just make it as close to what you think a LEGO set for BIONICLE would be.

I’d say that would affect your chances, since the goal here is to present full-on sets, no prototypes.

So long as it’s LEGO or applicable, then yes. So no MegaBloks.

6 Likes

Thanks! I can’t wait to take a crack at this.

Thank you for the clarification. You can go ahead and sign me up!
Good luck to all who participate!

Count me in.

1 Like

I’m definitely in. Not many contests have the set limitation.

1 Like

Already started on the idea for the set, you can count me in.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll participate unless I get a super good idea and time to execute, but I am greatly anticipating these submissions!