Official TTV MOC Contest #2: Brickonicle

COOL!!! Thanks and btw, I have already started building :smiley:

1 Like

Alright, that’s perfect…one more question, then, related to digital work. Provided (minifig) characters have representative masks in the sets we submit, can we also include digital drawings of non-existent custom parts (specifically, masks) to help make projects more distinct?

You may, but they will not help you in this contest. We’re looking for sets, not concept artwork.

One more question, dealing with the ‘ENTRY LIST’ at the top.
Are we entered when we actual post the set? as I take it we are not if we just state "I’m doing this"

Thank you for all this answering you have done!

Correct. You are entered when your entry is posted and shows up on the first post.

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking. Thanks again!

While I’d like to enter, the fact that, I as European would not be able to have a chance at the #1 prize is a little mood ruining, not because I’m in it for the prize, but because I or any other non US entry won’t have the same chances in the contest overall.

You somewhat contradict yourself here. If you aren’t in it for the prize, then why is it mood ruining? Additionally, as you’ve already mentioned on Youtube, you’ll only not get part of the prize, but you are still being acknowledged as 1st place. Finally, you have the exact same chance as anyone else. The prize has no effect on your chances.

Does it matter how big the model is and how many features? Or does something lower than those have a normal chance of making it?

We’ve given a minimal parts limit, but otherwise we will not be given any specific criteria other than make it as realistic as can be to what you think LEGO would make.

Thanks for the clarification, Eljay!

Lets say I am using a plain black minifigure with a helmet to represent Onua, would I be able to Photoshop a picture of a Pakari onto the minifigure as long as I show that a helmet is being used as the real piece, or is that not allowed?

It has to look pretty convincing, no lazy MS paint effects.

Let’s say one of us created a Shapeways model but didn’t order it.

Could we for instance make a model of a mask and then upload it to shapeways where everyone can see and then on the topic say where the part would go?

I don’t quite follow. Do you mean for people to “suggest” a piece would go a certain place, but is not actually on said entry? If that’s what you mean, then no.

Got it, Thanks!

One more thing, would I be allowed to duplicate minifigures in Photoshop as well in order to make a battle scene (for example, if I made one skull villain, would I be allowed to have two or three of them standing next to each other as a result of the edit)?

I mean that we put the effort into making the part for shapeways but we don’t put it into the final model because for whatever reason we cannot order it.

So the part is still our work but we lack the ability to use the real thing because we cannot order (or print our own) one.

I’ll allow it, yeah.

I’m gonna go with no, unless the model is present on the entry.

True, everyone is in for the prizes to a certain point no denying that, but if you guys are unable to send outside of the US why not have a joint contest with a non US based group to cover that part?

1 Like

So here is my contest entry @Eljay Vulcanus Magna Invasion Battle Set [Brickonicle Contest]

I don’t expect much, I just wanted to try to create my first big project on LDD. And to build a reaper like creature, because who doesn’t like the reapers?