Official Vessel Q&A Topic

It’s like Twitch basically, except we don’t get exclusive emotes.

Pretty much.

Yeah, I think this is something that most people don’t understand.

I’m following the main channel and all of the show channels. Am I going to get duplicate videos, on from the main channel and one from the show channel? Also, do you have to pay to be on vessel, or is that just the early access/subscription you have to pay for?

Nope, following the channel basically means that you’ll follow all of our shows and automatically follow any new shows we put up.

And no, you only have to pay for the early access/subscription.

2 Likes

Okay, cool! Thanks.

Oh hey, new vids!

/s

8 Likes

Thank you for visually explaining what has been explained several times in text on this topic. It makes our job easier.

Cat tax helped as well.

=P

14 Likes

Well, I’m trying to make an account, but right now it’s stuck on the “choose a catagory to follow.”

Update: Never mind, turns out that bar was for CHOOSING instead of LOADING. I feel so dumb now.

2 Likes

Really? I thought you guys would take the pics out :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I hope you guys do well on vessel!

1 Like

Well, now that I have an account (and I’m following), does that mean you’ll start being payed and such (especially with ads)? Or does early access pay you?

I started reading and It seemed interesting but I can’t stand subscription services for music or videos so I’ll just stick to Youtube

1 Like

Revenue comes from ads, just like it does on YouTube.

1 Like

Two questions:

Will there be Vessel exclusive vids?

And if you don’t pay, will you still get access to all content released on Vessel (a week after it is posted)?

1 Like

Vessel is primarily just a video delivery service - the subscription is only for early content. You can still use that platform for free.

Early access (paid subscription) gets us a bonus, but we get money from ads too, if you don’t want to pay to subscribe.

Yes and yes.

3 Likes

Wait, @Helryx08 asked if there would be Vessel exclusive vids, meaning that these vids are only available on vessel, and will never be on Youtube.

Yet you say that you still get access to all content released on Vessel a week after it’s posted?

2 Likes

So, there will be vids only on Vessel, but you don’t have to pay to see them. Only if you want to see them a week early, if I understand correctly.

But you still need a Vessel account which is totally free to view any videos on vessel.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve subscribed to the TTV Channel on Vessel, so I’m going to be paying $3/month starting July 23rd (hurray for free trials! :smile:) .

I was wondering, how much of that $3 do you guys get?

Lets say I follow 2 other channels on Vessel, do you get $1? Or does Vessel take/give a certain percentage of their overall revenue?

3 Likes

So, just to be clear, I don’t have to pay anything for an account to follow you guys, I only have to pay for early access, correct?

2 Likes

Dem feels. I know dem feels.

1 Like

This is correct. Getting an account is free. Early access is $3.00 a month.