"Oh Meso" - A Parody of Frozen

I’m watching you. O_O

9 Likes

Not enough 8/8 and Gr8’s can be posted to show my opinion of this video accurately.

1 Like

but we are watching you
C:

4 Likes

Good job, Slime. Folks need Frozen song parodies.

1 Like

guys
Lets get slimes topic to 50 likes!

It’s halfway there.

oh goodness gracious

i don’t think there are even 50 active people on the boards

3 Likes

there are

just believe

5 Likes

Well someone’s gotta get those golden badges

3 Likes

Well, I know one topic in the past got to 50 likes, so it’s possible.

4 Likes

As far as I can tell, there are 0 “Great Posts” and only 1 “Great Topic”.

So yeah, it is THEORETICALLY possible, but rather improbable considering the quality of my parody…

2 Likes

the quality is what makes it amazing slime

4 Likes

ignoring the intentionally horrid singing, your mic quality is awful. That kills any really enjoyment I could have had. And while I find the idea of this parody utterly ridiculous, if the lyrics were redone to flow better, it could have worked. I still wouldn’t have liked it, but I would respect the effort.

1 Like

YES

THANK YOU

I’ve been waiting for someone to say something negative. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that so many people liked this, but some criticism is always welcome.

I could have worked around this, but I didn’t have the time nor energy. See, I recorded this all in Audacity, and for whatever reason, it sorta breaks for me. I record one take, and the mic quality is acceptable. If I do any more takes after that first recording, the quality goes way down. So yeah, I could have done it all over and over and over until I could get it all in one take, but again, I had neither the time nor the energy.

I agree, some of the lyrics could be done much better. However, as this was meant as a humorous parody (AKA not a legit song), I figured some off-beat lines to fit in some funny stuff was acceptable. Like, I know that “C’mon Meso let’s leave, or else we’ll be sent to the past!” doesn’t fit the beat of the original song, but I thought it was funnier that way.

3 Likes

The likes.

THEY HAVE EXPLODED.

1 Like

I’m not sure how to react…

Good job putting it together Slime.

2 Likes

whoawhoawhoaWHOA

Just because my parody isn’t even close to being as good as Weird Al (AKA a professional songwriter/singer who makes a living off of these things) doesn’t mean that I didn’t put any effort into it. I’ve been working on this parody for the past month or so, working on it on and off throughout school. I wanted to get it done this week not only because is it Christmas, but I’m going to be leaving this weekend for about a week, and I wanted to finish it before then.

So could I have spent all of my holiday break working on this parody to make it perfection? Yes, I could have. Would I have had to spend nearly ALL of my free time working on it? Yes, I would have. Would this mean that I wouldn’t get as much time to work on other projects, like the Community MOCs page? Yes, it would have.

Aside from that, the purpose of the song was not to sound good, it was to provide lolz to the good people of these boards! If I wanted it to sound good, I wouldn’t have sung it in a horrid Eljay impression using a terribad microphone.

tl;dr version: I could have spent the time making this better, but since it would have taken a lot more time and it’s not the point anyway, I didn’t bother. Sorry if it bothers you.

(EDIT) GOSHDANGIT AS SOON AS I REPLY IT VANISHES

9 Likes

Okay, I phrased that badly. I didn’t mean to imply that you didn’t put any work into it, just that it’s, honestly, not very good. I want you to get better, but that can only happen if people tell you what you’re doing wrong.

Honestly, people making things horrible just for the sake of them being horrible does bother me, greatly, unfortunately this forum seems to be full of that sort of thing.

Man, we cleaned that all up back in August.

Get with the times, m8. 8P

2 Likes

This is a fault on both sides here. You simply mis-typed what you meant to say, and Slime was defending his video. He has every right to defend it as he just did. His response was not one to make things horrible, but one to explain why he felt he put a great amount of effort into his video. It is you who is making this out to be bigger than what it is by looking for a reason to be offended by slimes post.

I’m sorry that you feel his response was somehow unwarranted but you’re wrong, and people have a right to fervently justify their creations anyway.

Please, this is not a hostile post, it is simply explaining what others fail to see when they are corrected or defended against here. Veneras and 3rdeye had the same issues, and I don’t want to see a repeat of their situations again.

7 Likes