Okotan Adventures (RP Signup)

Thank you. Another possible conflict to the idea is this, rather than fuse at an equilibrium, wouldn’t opposites cancel each other out? A being of light who consumes darkness meeting a being of darkness who consumes light. It will be equal in the sense that both are nonexistent.

2 Likes

The purpose of this was simply a thought experiment of what could happen if they were fused and why that wouldn’t work at all. The reason why it even started up was because I don’t like seeing characters get killed off and like seeing a happy ending.

@Traykar, that is a fair point. With them being polar opposites, a fusion attempt like that, in the best case scenario has three possible outcomes: nothing happens, they merge perfectly or they completely negate and erase/destroy each other.

2 Likes

Hey, that’s fine. Speculation is fine.

1 Like

Agreed. Unfortunately, I have a really bad feeling that what’s likely to happen is that Sun Eater will have to be killed off. He was meant to be a short mini-boss, Kai said it himself, but things happened and now there’s a mess to clean up. I just don’t want to ignore the possibility of some kind of happy ending for Sun and the others.

2 Likes

Yeah. From what I can tell, Sun doesn’t have to die per se, but he does need to leave (no offense meant, @KAI_BORG, you said the same thing yourself).

2 Likes

That seems to be the general consensus: Sun Eater will have to leave, and that will probably happen son in some way. The main point of this speculation and discussion is the how of that event; how is it going to be handled? That’s what Kai and I are trying to figure out.

2 Likes

I mean, my original idea was that I was just going to have him choose to remain in isolation with Light on the mountain, maybe explore the world if they could.

His plan to bring about his remembrance has failed, and he sees no reason to try again when the world seems so set upon removing all traces of his existence.

2 Likes

So, your plan is to have Sun, and maybe Light, fade away out of moping over spilled milk?

If it’s any consolation, Blaze would keep Sun’s memory alive. So in that sense, Sun’s plan to be remembered will succeed through Blaze. He’ll have a legend in the pages of one book that may ripple out to more records until Sun becomes unforgettable and effectively immortal through the remembrance of him.

If nobody else will want to keep that memory alive, Blaze will carry the burden of being the only one that keeps that memory alive.

2 Likes

Isn’t he still an embodiment of Shadow who’s ultimate goal, at one time, was to consume all the Light on Okoto? Why does Blaze care so much for him?

2 Likes

He’s, in Blaze’s eyes, like a child who has known nothing but abuse and loneliness; scared, sad and in pain. He wants to show that Sun doesn’t need to be a monster and that there is some good out of friendships.

2 Likes

Ah, okay. I don’t know much about Sun, so I won’t question that.

1 Like

And before anyone says anything; yes, I know this is likely to be criticized as sappy, naïve, childish and (if you want to say it) silly. But, it’s what I’d want to see in a character: one who sees and acknowledges the bad things in the world but chooses, in spite of all that, to se and help nurture the good in in all that he sees.

2 Likes

Boy, it sure would suck if Kavix was carrying another Shadow elemental in his box, wouldn’t it?

Yeah, just to assure Runa and everyone else, I’m going to say that Kavix’s box does not contain any Sun Eater-type entities.

3 Likes

In basic, yes. Sun’s… different than his personality may show, and hey, as I’ve said, your description of him as a child is pretty close to the basis of him.

Also, you do have to realize, having your ‘body’ split into four pieces, separated, and buried into obscurity far from each other, and left alone from all others but insects for millennia would be… ‘upsetting’ to even the strongest of beings.

I do have to say, if he finds out of Blaze’s attempts, he’ll appreciate them greatly.

2 Likes

If that was the case, I’d honestly be very worried.

Thanks for that reassurance.

@KAI_BORG, what do you mean by “find out about Blaze’s attempts”? I would presume it is likely that he should have found the first ‘link’ of that chain in the brief moment Blaze had worn the mask.

And the whole ‘broken to pieces and buried at a young age so as to be forgotten’ thing is understandable as to how it has affected Sun.

2 Likes

No problem. Don’t expect any other hints, though. All will be revealed in time…

Yes, because an elemental earth bolt travelling at something close to 1126 feet per second from at least two different angles that weren’t straight on wouldn’t damage the mask or send it flying off at all.

*Okotan that can do the impossible

He wouldn’t have even made it close if it weren’t for the fact that he had run over the shadow portal.

Yes, if you ignore the thing that makes him hard to beat he’s easy to beat. If you ignore the America’s military I bet just about any country can conquer them. Wonder why no one has done it yet… oh wait.

Let’s also account for the fact that Sun is literally towering above them all, from the way you described him.

He’s simply too much for the RP at its current level.

I’m not going to respond to the IoM stuff here, that’s another thing

I meant spreading his legend, while he knows how you think, he still carries his doubts you’d actually do such.

(@Omega_Tahu)

Ahem, this mask has already been confirmed to be made out of an unknown material which can basically only be smelted using volcano level heat, and has a very high level of durability compared to any other material, that only another item of the same material can break it, or it has to be ‘softened’ up first.
I seriously doubt your earth bolt would damage it more than a possible, very small crack.

Secondly, you hit him twice, at different times, and each one, basically his him dead on in the face, you never once angled it in any way that would’ve slammed it off, only in ways that would’ve slammed it back into his head.

Yeah, and even if he couldn’t do the impossible he would’ve still caused damage!
HoW aMaZiNg Is ThAt To HeAr?

Yeah, and guess what, Darren managed to hit his shoulder, want to hear why? Because Sun literally only stands a little taller than Onua/around the quake beasts height, and he’s quite easily ‘tricked’/angered into crouching down as shown when Darren hit his shoulder because he did that!

Power wise, yes, he is way to powerful and I realized that! Actual strength/battle/defeatability wise? ERIC IS LITERALLY SO MUCH HIGHER THAN HIM ON THAT AREA THAT I CAN’T EVEN LAUGH!

Guys, I thought we settled this last night. We all agree that Sun Eater is too powerful and he’ll be gone soon.

3 Likes

So, Sun’s battle potential and ability is comparable to Broly’s from Dragonball Z. The guy’s ridiculously strong, a giant and Super Saiyan but is very easily provoked, isn’t all that bright and has extreme tunnel vision.

Also, you may want to take a look at the RP Topic…

2 Likes