Okotan Adventures: The Dark

Palios listened to the escalating battle, it sounded pretty rough, alas only if he could provide some assistance, but in this near blind state he was only able to make out faint shapes of his allies and the rampaging Makuta.

Then something interesting happened

A knock followed by something large flying through the air, but asides from that the fighting had temporarily stopped and the figure he had determined as makuta walked over to the door, opened said door, threw something inside then just like that the sounds of battle had resumed.

That’s the upper-hand we need. Palios thought as he placed his hand up against the wall to guide him and began making his way towards the door, once there he would provide a loud series of knocks then retreat provided nothing prevented his approach.”Here’s to hoping everyone else gets the same exactly terrible idea and attacks Makuta while he’s on the retreat.

3 Likes

Cheshie pulled her blade wielding arm away from Makuta as he redirected her shield from his face, instead shifting her weight solely onto her shield bearing arm in an attempt to drop her elbow hard down onto Makuta’s neck.

4 Likes

Henan retrieved his tools,and then ran towards makuta and dived,hoping to catch him by the head.

2 Likes

It was like falling and having a scream ripped from your chest. It was reflex, it was unthinking and uncaring about psychics or death.

Ilya closed his eyes.

There was no doubt in his mind, to the point that the thought barely even crossed his mind, that he could block or catch the hammer … or survive it, most likely. Pragmatism took over. He just waited for death.

Pragmatism fled, and was replaced but an instant flush of first relief, and then, when that faded, the ever-present undercurrent of fear, his mind coming back to its natural pace.

Ilya reached into his pouch, his hands shaking with adrenaline or maybe fear or maybe fear or maybe fear, and then he paused.

The cup had a Mask of Creation symbol on it. He probably shouldn’t blow up Ekimu’s ancient chalice. He placed it into his pouch, for no reason other than that it was handy … and maybe the cup was valuable …

He shook his head. Don’t steal from Makuta.

He left the cup in his pouch.

He still had his final potion. He couldn’t hit the Makuta now, not with so many crowding around him, not without knowing what the potion did. But maybe …

Was the hammer far enough away from the rest of the party?

5 Likes

Katau grunted as he picked himself up off the floor. He noticed that Makuta had engaged the other members of their party in battle, and he wanted to help.
Katau grabbed his fire sword and started running towards the Mask Maker, trying to attack.

1 Like

It was currently barrelling madly towards Jaawu, who was leaning against the furthest wall from the action. The occasional scrape against the wall was enough of an indicator for its target, if he cared to listen. Poor Jaawu would have to start moving soon or suffer a terrible headache.

Makuta grunted as his hands pressed against the shield. Due to the speed of the switch he was unable to readjust his position for better retaliation, and his frustration from that fact was evident. But he cut himself off as his eyes caught hold of Henan retrieving his tools.

As Henan ran and dove towards Makuta, he fell backwards, offering no resistance to Cheshie’s efforts and hopefully putting her directly in the path of the oncoming Okotan’s dive. Being on the other side, Katau had at least some warning that this was happening, in case he wanted to clear the lane.

2 Likes

Katau noticed the falling Okotan and decided to sidestep out of the way to avoid him, then he swung his sword at Makuta’s head.

1 Like

Jaawu saw (and heard) the hammer, and resolved to try and run from it. Which he did. He intended to continue running until Makuta found the need to get his hammer back.

2 Likes

Henan twisted out of the way of cheshie,and onto the floor.

2 Likes

Blessedly, the newcomer barely missed Cheshie as she followed through with an elbow aimed directly at the Makuta’s neck.

2 Likes

Makuta’s palm clutched the vicious elbow now pressed against his throat, his hand being the only thing between it and cutting off his breath. Cheshie was now directly in the way of any sword swipe from Katau, and if he attempted it he would likely hit her instead.

So far one competent fighter, two cowards, and two fools. Makuta’s eyes shot towards Jaawu. Let’s make it necessary for them to assist.

The speeding hammer had chased him to the other wall, suddenly veering off and making a beeline for Cheshie’s side opposite of Katau.

1 Like

With her free hand still holding her blade, Cheshie attempted to strike the side of Makuta’s stomach with the pommel of her blade.

2 Likes

Makuta took the hit. Stung like a knife wound, that was for certain. This Cheshie would make an excellent sparring partner when all of this was over. But he took the hit with satisfaction knowing the hammer she had failed to notice would hurt at least a little bit more.

The top of Makuta’s hammer slammed into Cheshie’s side with enough force to throw her off its wielder. “If I were trying…” Makuta said, using a spin from the hammer to scoop himself off the ground and into standing position, clutching the handle with a ready stance and staring daggers into Katau.

“You’d already have graves.”

2 Likes

Cheshie turned in time to see the hammer coming, but not in time to do anything about it. There was a crunch, followed by a crash as Cheshie fell to the ground. Winded was an understatement as she clutched her side, gasping for air and struggling to lift her body off the ground, finding little success with either.

3 Likes

Jaawu was still next to his favorite wall, but he could still hear Makuta.
“I wasn’t being literal!” He shouted from across the room. “It was meant as an exaggeration!”

2 Likes

“Of course we would.” Katau mumbled as it was made abundantly clear that his weapon skills weren’t up to par. He stopped his sword swing and attempted a thrust at the mask maker.

2 Likes

"I didn’t sign up for this job."Henan muttered to himself."So why,in all of okoto’s masks,am I in this room,in this situation,fighting a bally mask maker,with people,i barely even know?"He rubbed sand off his mask."If you were going to tell us something,you should just tell everyone to stop,and explained exactlly why you brought us here.I was well on my way to carve my finest statue yet! I swear,i always told myself,if i’m going to fight someone,i better know the whole story."He said while fiddling around with some very small chisels from his pack."so how 'bout we all stop fighting,and you tell us exactly why we’re.To the finest cleaveage.

2 Likes

@Winger @Rukah @MakutaOisli @TheMOCingbird @GoodGuy2006 @N01InParticular

Makuta allowed the flat of the blade to run directly alongside the head of his hammer and then shoved the sword away.

“This is enough.” The handle of the hammer tapped the floor, and Makuta’s voice carried a clear tone of irritation, if his body language failed to convey that message. His purple eyes shot towards Ilya on the opposite side of the room, and he made two threatening steps in that direction when-

There was a knock at the door.

Not taking his eyes of Ilya, the mask maker gestured with his hand towards the door and it flew open. Standing outside was a small fire Okotan, visibly unnerved by the doors opening on their own, his eyes darting from person to person in an attempt to find some answer.

“Tussul.” Makuta sighed, having turned about to see who was present. He motioned with his hand, and the hammer flew off down the hall someplace, making an awful ruckus while doing so. “Get acquainted, everyone.”

He resumed his march towards ilya, hands folded behind his back, eyes as menacing as ever - although the slightest hint of being really darn tired lurking around his pupils.

3 Likes

Katau stumbled as he attempted to keep hold of his blade, though the fire Okotan managed to do so without falling over.

Now thoroughly irritated, Katau breathed out heavily and replied under his breath,
“You think so?”
Just then, he noticed

a new arrival to the Mask Maker’s Forge and he looked Tullus over.
“Welcome.” Katau grumbled sarcastically.

1 Like

Henans neck creaked as he turned to Tullus,and Grumbled something about masks and firespitters.

1 Like