Okoto Mountain Bat

Before the Ancient City was abandoned some of the citizens had various pets, one of which was a species of bats which was loyal and obedient to it’s owner. After the Ancient City was left empty the pet bats and other pets scattered across the island of Okoto evolving according to their new environment. Most of the bats settled in the higher caves of the mountains, and to match the terrain their colors altered for a more fitting camouflage.

This little was originally inspired by a character from one of the Transformers RID episodes, called NightStrike. But I also wanted to make a smaller MOC so I kept the size roughly around the same as the Silverbeak Buzzard. I tried my best to give the creation accurate batwings as much as possible, and I think it came out nicely, it’s not perfect true, but it works just fine.

38 Likes

When I read the title, I don’t know why, but I read “Okoto Mountain Dew”

14 Likes

Awesome moc! Looks just like a bat.

1 Like

xX_OKOTOMLG_Xx

6 Likes

Adorably terrifying. The lack of membrane is a bit jarring, but I shouldn’t expect too much out of it. But those ears? Lovely!

1 Like

Sadly I couldn’t use anything as a membrane to make a 100% accurate wing, but it still looks good overall =D

4 Likes

It really does!

1 Like

That looks good and reminds me of Laylee.

I want that game to come out now but then it’d be crappy and bad.

1 Like

but…why? It looks nice

1 Like

It’s adorable.

It resembles a bat greatly and its skeletal but unless you have a way to fix it, it looks fine. Also the height isn’t a problem, it’s a giant bat. It’s big for a bat that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s giant to a Toa, so keep that in mind.

1 Like

Dude, grammar. I for one think the MOC looks awesome, as @Mate397 meant for it to live in a snowy environment, thus the colorscheme works. It doesn’t look all too skeletal in my opinion, and who says it needs to be massive?

3 Likes

I’d like to see do a bat better, then say why it’s bad. You’re just saying it’s bad, that’s not a critic, add something to this conversation like a way to fix and why you dislike it. Otherwise why even post.

Let’s not get into a fight here, guys.

2 Likes

Look man, no need to be aggressive, it’s just a creation made out of lego parts. That and you don’t really have to do anything other then state your opinion…

4 Likes

I like it! It looks like it’s namesake, and quite well. There are a few blue pins, but really doesn’t jar the color scheme. I think the feet could be smaller, but that’s just me.

3 Likes

I like It, though would suggest maybe adding some trans-blue to the legs given you’ve used it in the arms. Other than that I like the look of it and it definitely gives off a bat-like vibe.

2 Likes

onto my opinions:

it’s a cute lil bat moc

3 Likes

I really like the way you constructed its face out of common Technic parts. Good job! :smiley:

5 Likes

You did a solid job. This MOC makes me want now more than ever for Lego to have fully-covered and foldable constraction wings for CCBS.

I once made a MOC similar to this, but it had a big horn instead of ears, and didn’t look as good. The head has got to be my favorite part, made out of nothing but classic Technic and looks how I’d expect a constraction bat to look. The aesthetic points more to cuddly fruit/insect eating bat than a fierce vampire bat, but considering your backstory it fits perfectly. To be honest, I’m glad you didn’t go the vampire bat route, as it can be overdone at times.

The only negative I have is the light blue bohrok eyes on the shoulders. Maybe it’s just because I’ve trained my brain to look for bohrok eyes as “the definitive rahi eye piece,” but it is a little distracting,

Overall, keep up the good work! I can’t wait to see more MOC’s from you!

3 Likes