Omega Tahu: The MOC

My only complaint is that the orange to mata red ratio is quite disproportionate. That being said, it still looks FANTASTIC. That Tahu comparison picture is something else…

12/10 would look at again

-Mesonak

5 Likes

I finally get what everyone means when they say that Mistika Tahu looks nothing like the other Tahus.

1 Like

I gotta agree with Meso on this one, I think there’s too much orange. And the parts you did use in orange do come in red. I say follow the original Toa Mata color scheme a little closer. Red out the torso more but keep the limbs orange as you have them. I know black can be hard to avoid but I also suggest trying to get it off the arms. On the shoulders and hips its fine because again, this would be following the Toa Mata color scheme closer.

Obviously Venom here MOCs, but what about the other TTV members? Do any of you guys MOC as well? I’ve never seen any of your work if you guys(and girl) do.

Unfortunately, the very few parts I had in mind do not come in red. =P And as you could probably tell, I used orange in this moc to convey external armor just as it appeared in the leaked photo. That’s the reason why there appears to be more orange than red, and that’s the reason why I went that route. (See the color swapped version, where the orange is switched out for gold) The torso without the three armor pieces on the front is actually completely red aside from three orange technic pieces and the Mahri tube, so making it more red would mean swapping out the armor and losing accuracy to the leaked images. (Though, in retrospect maybe the Mahri tube should’ve been red)

I completely agree with you on the placement of black. Due to a shortage of red/orange technic parts (and ideas lol), I could not avoid placing black in the forearms. Maybe next time…

1 Like

I don’t know what you’re talking about. The Stars armor comes in red, so do the HF shells, hell the Nuva shoulder armor parts come in red from the Hockey sets as well. I don’t know what parts you had in mind, but I know the ones you used do come in red. And with the exception of the Nuva shoulders, aren’t too hard to get a hold of.

Well as for the rest of it, that all makes sense now. But you didn’t mention any of that in the description. So I think if you had both Meso’s and my comment about it would have been moot. This is why I always write lengthy descriptions. We can’t know what you were trying to achieve if you don’t tell us. :stuck_out_tongue: With that in mind then yeah it looks pretty awesome. Still though a bit more red I think would just balance everything out a bit.

Colored connectors are a pain in the butt. I took apart this MOC because colored connectors limited what I could do with her, and after a while I wasn’t happy with the results. So I elected to dismantle her and I’ll rebuild her when I can make a hefty Bricklink order focusing on colored connectors. They’re easy enough to get, you’ve just gotta go out of your way to get them.

2 Likes

So… Much… Omega Tahu…

4 Likes

woah. that is amazing.

Make it happen LEGO… Make it happen

wait a second

coincidence? I think not!

2 Likes

that helmet looks like one of the early designs for the Ignika.

1 Like

does doesnt it? do you know what that is btw?

no idea

kingdom hearts birth by sleep

Guys, I got bad news. Someone on the Lego Community boards asked Greg if Omega Tahu was canon. He replied with, “Sorry, I don’t know what that is” D: Our hopes and dreams have been destroyed.

we teach him

2 Likes

Oh boy.

1 Like

dont worry I explained to him…now to get my post approved

Twoderful! (A cookie to whoever gets the reference). I’m probably not as bothered by the orange (I’m used to a lot if it in my house), but still a great MOC.

please…dont give anyone more…cookies…please

It looks like a big, beefy Tahu Stars. And infinitely more AMAZING. I like the sword and waist. Very cool.