On the Run

Vladimir looks at him. “Chill out. No need to get mad, Comrade.” He slings an arm around him.

“I don’t see the need to be nice at all times.” Vladimir shrugs

Novislav, just now paying attention to the conversation happening a row in front of him, turns his focus off of his binder to his fellow classmates. “Hold up,” he said. “Did you just say we’re fighting for the Yankees? For NATO?”

Vladimir moves his arm off of Willy. “Yeah. We’re getting forced to follow the scum of NATO. Darn lazy bastar-.” He coughs “Anyway. How are you this morning Comrade?”

“Why has no one told me this before!? I thought I’d be back to Црна Гора after we were done here!” He banged the bottom of his fist against the tablet of his chair, only realizing too late that doing so resulted in his coffee spilling all over the floor. “That news just ruined my morning. And my coffee. Xвала, Vladimir.”

2 Likes

“Maybe you are.” Felix said quietly. “It’s something I refuse to do.”

He smiles awkwardly. I wish mom taught me more Russian. Vladimir nods and replies back “Bù kèqì my friend.”

“Are you saying we split?”

1 Like

“I’m sorry, I never said I’d fight for NATO,” growled Novislav. “A MiG-29 would beat an F-15 any day, anyways.”

“Exactly.” He said. “I’m not going to be some weapon. I refuse.”

“I’d be a weapon for my family back home.” He sighs.
Whats the word. Gotta fill those English practice books again.
“It’s just that when do we do it?”
Please don’t say tonight. I’m waiting for my cassette tapes to be delivered.

“The last thing I’d want to be is a pilot in one of those black bombers murdering my kin in Bosnia,” said Novislav, disappointed.

“Since we’re leaving, how about me leave a nice surprise for everyone.”

“Surprise with positive or negative connotation?”

“Either works. We can be like Santa for the kids. Except less capitalist.”

“How is деда Мраз a capitalist? He evenly distributes all his gifts to the goof proletariat children of the world.”

OOC: let’s pause it for a bit I’ll be back soon

“I was thinking about how the Capitalists use it to sell products. But fair.”

OOOC we can’t do OOC only posts so you should probs make a discussion topic or a pm

2 Likes

“Soon.” He says. “I’m not sure when. Whenever we get the chance.”

“So we’re winging it, cool.” Lauren’s shadow sneaks beneath the desks, poking at Felix’s feet.

Katie notes Lauren’s shadow with surprise.

Felix sees this. His eyes glow slightly, and his shadow starts poking hers.