One of my problems with Ninjago’s story

He was modelled like Ignika imagined the ideal hero, like Matoro. And he died like Matoro. No he is not Matoro. But that doesn’t change the fact that Matoro died three times.

1 Like

But it does, since Ignika wasn’t Matoro. You can’t just say “I know this character wasn’t Matoro, but I’m going to say he was because it makes my point sound more impressive”. Throughout the entire story, the characters acted very differently.

Matoro never wanted to be a hero, and was characterized by constant feelings of inadequacy, especially amongst his teammates. When he sacrificed himself, he did it with no fear, knowing that his life would be used to save his friends from death.

The Ignika, on the other hand, became a “Toa” and helped the Toa Nuva because it wanted to experience what it was to be a hero, and was hesitant, not even to die, but to simply give up its new body. Then, it was only convinced to do so, not because it would save the universe, but because “that’s what Matoro would do”.

In absolutely no way was Ignika the same character was Matoro. Ignika wanted to be like Matoro, but had little-to-no understanding of what drove Matoro to act as he did, similar to how a child might emulate their parents’s habits and mannerisms without knowing what they mean.

3 Likes

Matoro died in Inferno as part of the test of the Chamber of Death, he died in 2007 and in the Kingdom.

1 Like

I can’t believe I forgot about that. My bad.

Yeah, he died three times.

3 Likes

Dude I literally did not remember Toa Ignika existed until you mentioned him even though I worshipped the set at one point and desperately craved it :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

1 Like