Oomatu Art: Ga-Wahi Concept [ART UPDATE: The City of Sails]

This is genuinely amazing to look at, and I love the concept behind it. The landscape’s emphasis on vertical levels and the tidal mechanic could both be very useful tools for writers to help or hinder the Toa on their quests and against their foes.

1 Like

Hmm, interesting. Sounds fine to me, then.

Also, building off what others have said, this would make a mask of water-breathing so incredibly useful to any toa that try and venture into this region. In G1 you would really only need a mask of water breathing if you had to go to the water and swim in the ocean; now the water comes to you! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Oh it’s beautiful, I’m imagining half sunk buildings in coral, sea caves and so many other things that could be incorporated into this.

For some reason, the idea of a low tide making certain areas inaccessible reminds me of an RPG, and for some reason this makes me love it even MORE.

Seriously, this is legit amazing. Speaking of which, do you plan to do any other regions soon, and if so, which one?

I might do the eletric/ice regeon next… But first I need to listen to the podcast today. :grinning:

1 Like

This is fantastic! The idea behind it is so clever, I love it!
Also nice minifigure.

1 Like

I’ve got some ideas and concept art for a Lightning Region on the Brickonicle Forum, if you want to check.

1 Like

You pulled that third picture right out of MNOG didn’t you? Gorgeous!

If only I could dray like that :confused:

I will drawing G3 Ta-Wahi tonight at 7:45c on twitch for anyone interested. Just look up username Oomatu.

2 Likes

Very nice! Totally reminded me of when Gali climbed the cliff in that one promo in G1:

3 Likes

UPDATED WITH NEW ARTWORK

7 Likes

How do you keep doing this???

These are great.

Awesome as usual. Not sure how sold I am on the ship-homes… I think it is a neat concept, but I still feel like the lilypad/leafy homes from G1 are iconic. These could probably work, though.

love the new artwork that is being added, not only does it contain the canon forms of the Toa, but these new drawings brings even more life to the world, it really does look like an alien world from a video game. I wish this could happend, but sadly it most likely wont.

Wow! You never fail to amaze me!

Thankyou for all the kind remarks!

@ReeseEH I actually was trying to emulated the same atmosphere and architecture of the OG Ga-Koro in this drawing. I too like the lily-pad houses and the atmosphere they bring, this is just a more grounded approach to the concept.

@DarkHenrik Hopefully someday!

3 Likes

maybe you can start drawing some of the other areas of the island that are not connected to the koros.

Like the Brotherhoo’s base of operation or old structures were the legendary masks are and stuff like that.

The problem is that TTV hasn’t started elaborating on that stuff yet, so we won’t have much to go off of.

But that also means that we can be creative in its design.