Paris Support Topic

I’m TrenKrom from New York, we know what you’re going through, and we stand with you.

4 Likes

really saddening sensless violence. I stand with France as well, from British columbia

2 Likes

Alright let me get this outta my chest
Unpopular Opinion Ahead

What just happened in Paris is a very sad act, as well as Lebanon and Baghdad.
But, what does sending “condolences” and “feeling sympathy” for the French truly accomplish?

If you want to actually help, donate to the Red Cross or other charities.

But That’s just me, roast away.

2 Likes

I had just visisted France a couple of months ago very beautiful country sad to hear this happened

I’m Kobondo of Melbourne i stand with france

1 Like

I understand your opinion, and actually agree to an extent. However, what sending condolences does is let people know you care, for those of us that can’t donate or make a direct difference. After the 9/11 attacks France raised the American flags at several of their national sites. It didn’t do anything directly, but it let us know they cared. I was just hoping we could do something similar here. I hope that helps explain the thought behind this.

4 Likes

I’m Barkel of England and I stand with France.

It’s a shame this happened, what sick and twisted people would want to do this. But that is the way the world is, and I fear this wont be the last, as much as one could hope.

2 Likes

You’re right.

I have a lot of sympathy for what happens, but I will also admit that my sympathy isn’t always reflected in my actions. It’s part of human nature: people die in car crashes all the time, but if my best friend died in a car crash, that would impact me that much more.

So yes, sending condolences and changing your profile picture doesn’t do much to aid them. It’s more of letting people know that you aren’t a sociopath. It’s inherently selfish - but so is everything you do, and if you don’t think otherwise you’re really fooling yourself.

9 Likes