Patreon Discussion Topic

$250 Become an official mod for the message boards

$500 Become an official member of TTV

I can see this going down a very, very, VERY dark road.

The mods here were picked because of their responsibility in the community. Sure, there have been a few bad apples in the tree, but most have done their job perfectly. Now if TTV was going to give that position to any schlub who saved up enough money to donate a few hundred bucks for a month, the whole point of handpicking the most responsible users on the site and giving them the power to delete posts, close/delete topics, and ban users is gone. Now we can see someone like AidanBionicle1 who was not fond of most of the board’s members delete topics and ax off users on mass.Or what if this new mod who came from Patreon was friends with a banned user? He could just sneak in and end their suspension early. It would honestly just cause more issues than benefits.

I’m just going to point to Sonus’s views on the matter:

7 Likes

I only see this to support TTV, not make special roles for users.

The only special thing I can forsee for large contributors is a title on the boards, but that’s just my idea.

“$250 Become an official mod for the message boards”

“Wow we got an extra large donation from a mister Red Pins. Huh. Better make him a mod lol.”

Plox no

9 Likes

Yeah, those first few were me being serious before I ran out of “reasonable” ideas, and by custom title I mean a predetermined singular title like “Certified Patron,” not the Mod power of giving yourself a new title whenever the wind blows the wrong way.

3 Likes

I figured that’s what you meant.

Personally, I see no issue in paying just to support and don’t think there needs to be major incentives. I’m not going to ask for anything more than what’s already provided; it’s obvious enough a ton of time and effort is already put into what they make/do.

4 Likes

Lol.

Uhh, I’m going to hope that you’re joking.

IMO there don’t even need to be rewards, with the possible exception of brief mentions on the podcast and early access to content. If there’s ever an issue with TTV running out of money, I’d have zero problem with a one time donation of 150 bucks in exchange for nothing but more TTV videos,

1 Like

I was sorry for not making that clear.

1 Like

Oh, no problem dude; I wasn’t trying to come across as mocking or make you seem immoral. Frankly, I think it would be hilarious if you got to see Eljay’s face for 10,000 dollars or something ridiculous like that. :wink:

…is anyone else unable to access the Patreon page?

3 Likes

url was changed to TTV Channel | creating Videos | Patreon

3 Likes

That one doesn’t work either.

4 Likes

I’m not having any issues I can access it just take out the .com at the end of the link Var left.

Give that a shot, guys. Var accidentally left in the .com.

7 Likes

Yeahp, that’s workin for me.

1 Like

@Mesonak, I think the best Patreon Exclusive ever would be @Eljay playing the Mario and Luigi RPGs with YOU as the guide, I’ve played them so I know how crazy long that series could be- but I think it’d be the funniest thing to watch!

@nexolo What if it was replaced by Little Invi…

Edited for Double Post - Waj

stop that no

5 Likes

So everyone is sick of the commercials right? What if there was like a small contest each month for a new ad and whenever someone donated a certain amount each month they got an entry for the contest.

Eh? No?

2 Likes

I don’t know, how would it be judged? Just randomly? Based on how good the ad is?

Just donated $1 per month, I really hope it helps you guys continue making the quality content you already have been doing :slight_smile: Just a query though, when will the Patron badges/Discord server rewards be given out?

With the way Patreon works it should be January 1st.

3 Likes