Peiratís; Pirates of the Sandy Sea

“huh,” notes the captain, “I just thought it looked pretty.”

He chuckles. “Well, it is. But also quite the enigma.”

“Actually, I saw a capture someone who looked like he might be a scholar, though I was only able to get them off our ship, and they were able to flee.” Lourne said, a little ashamed that he allowed Barus to escape.

Brevik smiled when he heard Lournes report, he respected his simple honesty, though he wasn’t as pleased when he heard the pirate had escaped. “Just like a pirate, isn’t it. Valuing their own lives over their duty.”

“very well Last, the triumvirate shall hear of this,” he replied in a tone that was hard to discern whether or not it was a threat

“Yes sir.” Lourne said, it was obvious he was nervous, but he held his head high and began walking back to his quarters to get some rest.

On the horizon of the bridge Kesseri could be seen coming into veiw, a massive metal array on it’s border with the Dessiruni, simultaneously protecting the city behind from the sands while working as a dock for the imperium’s massive ships. Both warships and cargo haulers could be seen in the dock already. Though despite the busy appearence everything was elegant and polished. accross the nearest mountains were towers of Ivory and gold, spreading to avoid being trapped by the valley bellow. Though one building stood above the rest. It was thicker then the rest, with an almost alien design, it’s source split into two halfway up, with a circular hole Beginning the split. Frequenters to the city would know it was called the sentinel, an ancient build the city was built around that allowed rapid transportation of resources from the Dessiruni to the capital.

The Marvara however would receive a much different view. A lake laid ahead, with small towns scattered around it, though buildings were more clustered towards a central location, almost tacked on to each other haphazardly with another sentinel behind it, though unlike the imperium’s it lacked polish, had holes and rust across it’s surface and was a dull yellow in hue.

2 Likes

Barus went up to the deck, seeing the city the pirates were heading to. “Heh, I could get used to this. Better than the streets.” He says.

Eolas kept inspecting the map, ignoring Barus’ leaving. He pulls out a map of his own, a much more recent one. “Is it okay if I take it down off the wall?” He asks the captain.

“no, you may not,” replied Carus

The Amino docks at kesseri, and the dockworkers quickly get to work on the ship

“Alright.” He says, instead just lifting his map up beside it. “Hm…come look at this and you’ll see the similarity. It’s interesting really.” He studies some of the structures on the old map that were missing from the recent one. “I wonder what happened to those…” He thinks aloud.

“I think they may be the sentinels, they’re old enough, I think. Though there does seem to be a bit more.” He suggested, peering at Eolas’ map

“Would they be worth checking out? I might like to research these ‘sentinels’ and their ruins. Or, at least I assume that all that’s left is ruins, since they aren’t shown on the newer map.” He points to one on the mainland that would now seem to be just offshore, and one near what used to be a lake, which used to be a much bigger mark that the latest, with differing shaping. “I believe that the tower that seems to be on the new map matches up with this…city? I think it’s a city, on what used to be a lake shore. Those seem particularly interesting.”

“that’s imperial territory, I’d doubt we’d get far.”

Eolas sighs. “Pesky political borders getting in the way of research.” He grumbled. “Then do you have a quill or something I could borrow? Mine was left in my room before I…ehem, ‘changed ships.’”

He nods, pointing attop the desk

“Thank you.” He took the quill, marked the points on his map, then returned it to it’s place on the desk. "Maybe I’ll get there myself one day. While they’d be suspicious of you all, I don’t think they’d bat an eye at an old scholar. "He chuckles, adjusting his glasses.

“hm, well right now you’re technically a prisoner…” Muttered Carus

The Marvara docks, and it’s occupants were allowed to Leave

Eolas stops and looks up, when he’d previously been looking at his map on the table. “Oh yeah.” He said, as if he’d forgotten that. “I guess I am. But I figure that you wouldn’t keep me forever.” He says. “I mean, you’re pirates, not monsters. I don’t think.”

Barus gets off the ship and looks around the strange city in awe, wandering all around.

The cloaked man climbed up a building in Kesseri, looking around from his perch to try and find where decommissioned ships were sent.

Carus simply shrugged in response, “let’s get going, see what the king wants of you.”

The road ahead was rough, and split off into a busy farmers market to the left, while the right was a way towards the sentinel

Barus explored the market, looking to see what all it had to offer, while Eolas followed Carus.

The cloaked man keeps looking, now for really anywhere he could ‘borrow’ scrap pieces from.

It was mostly different forms of bread, though there was fish and berries sprinkled in.

Carus lead the prisoner through the city to a large building