Pestilence (RP topic)

Godrick had not heard this news as he was prowling through the underbelly of Florence

Pietro watched from a distance as he scribbled the markings into a little notepad.

Upon close examination and analysis, they would find this intricate seal branded on the corpse’s chest:
Image result for pestilence seal

Rohan copied the seal onto a leaf of parchement, before tucking the paper away. His eyes were filled with concern.

Arkan tried to think of if he’d seen such a seal in his study, and what archetype of arcana it came from.

This was not any ordinary symbolic seal. It was the Seal of Pestilence. It was not widely known or used, even within the most educated or occult of societies. From where the symbol first originated was unknown, but its meaning was that those who bore the Seal were “cursed” to spread sickness and death to nearly all whom they encountered in life. And this Florentine official was a widely known figure.

Arkan stood up, moving away. “It’s just a complex Enchantment.” He muttered as he backed away, keeping his eyes on him. “Theoretically a counterseal enchantment could counteract it. Oh well, I wasn’t able to get that far in my studies.” He said, uncaring. He then sees the man enscribing the arcane circle.

On paper

He started quickly walking towards him. (@meepinater)

Rohan looks up.
“Yes…?” He asked.
“Something wrong?”

1 Like

“Did you just inscribe that arcane circle onto paper?” He asked.

“…yes. To compare it with my other records… I can’t carry everything around with me.” Rohan replied.

Arkan stays silent for a second, as if containing an outburst of anger. “Be highly careful with it. Simple paper can’t handle the amount magic that arcane circles are capable of creating and attuning. One foul step will mess up a lot more than you know.” He warns.

“You think I don’t know this? I’ve seen things like this… although, I must admit, this is a new one.” Rohan rubbed his beard in puzzlement.

“It’s some sort of advanced Enchantment circle.” He says. “But that’s all I could figure out about it.”

Rohan nodded.
“Hey, if you want you could run over my records and info with me, see if there’s anything that helps. I always appreciate a second pair of eyes.”

Arkan looks him dead in the eyes, seeing if he would see what was wrong with what he just said.

Rohan blinked.
“What? I’m just wondering if you’d like to help.”

“I’ll help, this time, but…wording.” He says, pointing to his stone eye. “It might help in my own studies.” It was clear that he was really only seeing it as a means to an end.

“Well. I try not to judge. Besides, an eye’s and eye, regardless of whether it works or not.”

Meanwhile, Amadeus was resting and recovering from his fight with Godrick. He lay in bed, sword wounds wrapped in bandages. I must be more hidden and careful, lest I fall victim to another of those wretched knights, he thought to himself. He peered out the window, peeking at the branded corpse. At least Amadeus still had men to carry out work for him, despite his bedridden condition

Meanwhile, a gathering of plague doctors congegrated in their hidden temple. “The deed is done. The people of Florence are already gathering around the body.” One plague doctor said.
“Lord Gregia will be very pleased with our work.” Said another.

He shrugs, then peers back at the arcane symbol on the body. He examines it. “Wait, I think I was wrong.” He corrects himself. “Not Enchantment. Necromancy.”