Pet peeves

I probably already have the piece(s) needed… you got a link?

Red pins (blue ones I don’t have a problem with for whatever reason).

“lateral bicep movement” or whatever it’s called with most of the summer elbow joints and the protector joints. I need realistic elbows and knees, I know that that’s asking a lot in the context of a world inhabited by brightly colored biomechanical robots with superpowers, but please, the realistic elbow and knee joints are what I need to ground this series with just enough reality to make it believably relatable. (yes I am crazy, don’t ask.)

That’s all I can think of for now.

1 Like

I hate when a MOC has more than three colors (not including black or silver). I don’t care about red or blue pins, though.

I think we’re discussing official stuff, not MOCs. :stuck_out_tongue:
But, I agree here. I still dislike Onua’s color scheme being too crowded. And how the smaller Toa look with their golden masks. (Well, mostly Gali, as Lewa has the Keetorange and Pohatu’s brown is close enough to gold to not be too jarring.)

1 Like

heroes
tahu
leg backs
kopaka
shield attachment
gali
… I got nothing, shoulder armour is a bit restricting, I guess
lewa
neck
onua
claws are pretty meh
pohatu
shoulders are a bit awkward from certain angles

pof
limbs are stumpy
poi
weapons are meh
poj
no real complaints
poe
weapon is meh
pow
no real complaints
pos
no back armour

Ekimu
shield being a sawblade

skull villains
LoSS
looks meh, lackluster gimmick, terrible posability

slicer
the claw-thing
grinder
weapons, shoulders
warrior
no real complaints, I actually like it
basher
horns should be using the bone piece instead of the ben10 tails
scorpio
the connection of the tail and body it really ugly, terrible posability

wow that’s a long post.

3 Likes

just the peice that locks one arm in pohatu, kopaka and one other toa.

this

4 Likes

My problem is that most of them lost control of their elements. Onua, for example, only has strength and night vision, instead of being able to control earth.

-Emerald

Valid point.

1 Like

Ah, thank you.

1 Like

Even so:

2 Likes

You leave my freaky four armed green zombie baby alone…

5 Likes

Also most combo models in general

3 Likes

I beg to differ on two points. 1: in 01, those were Onua’s abilities, as far as we knew. 2: he is shown breaking the pillar to send LOSS away. Now, he could do that with strength, but it would be easier to achieve with control over what he was trying to break. So let’s not knock him out just yet.

4 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong, (I wasn’t around for 2001, and only really followed the story from 2008. Most of my knowladge is from looking back from that point, so please do) MNOG was in 2001, and you see Onua controll earth in the battle against the Makuta.

However, addressing a different toa, in the 2001 comics, you see Kopaka create ice, and stop an avalanche in a commercial. while the new one only has the cold resistance that every matoran had, and freezing touch.
-Emerald

1 Like

The biggest thing for me is flimsiness, which fortunately is NOT the case for the new sets :stuck_out_tongue:

agreed
-Yuedom

1 Like

When a kid in Toys R us pronounced Bionicle as “Bee-onicle”. I wanted to correct him, but I didn’t. :pensive:

3 Likes

Just because we haven’t SEEN them use that power, doesn’t mean they don’t have them… :stuck_out_tongue:

I would have corrected him, someone will at some point.

1 Like

Well, if this is just for BIONICLE sets,…then I will say what I can…

LEWA 2015: neck.

GALI 2015: she is a little over-rated and her elbow reaches to her chest. her ankles are too skinny and her blue looks a little odd in its placement…I dunno why.

PoF: Needs to die, his arms are AWFUL, his body is WAAYYYY too wide. and his legs are too short.