Pictures of the Toa found! 2015!

Hello guys! Was scrolling through tumblr, and found this!

http://i.imgur.com/PMUhcBR.png

Looks like lego had a slip up and leaked these on their facebook, but deleted them, or something. More dual functions!

Thoughts?

17 Likes

just wish that the person who got these had clicked on them individually.

1 Like

Ooh, those look really nice. Can’t wait for the official hq pics!
-Oonie

That’s really cool actually.

@Venom Look! Your favourite shredder claws!!

4 Likes

GUYS! This confirms dual functionality!

1 Like

DUDES!!! Someone on Tumblr managed to get the clear pics of Onua when the pics were up! :smiley:

EDIT: Here’s the Tumblr account that found these: http://henning-a.tumblr.com/

12 Likes

@Indigogeek1 and @kamen_rider_kiva , why are you so awesome? :smiley:

But seriously, this is some BIG news. My quick thoughts: diggin the dual functions, diggin Onua’s claws, diggin this all around.

4 Likes

Wow.

I used to think that Onua looked kinda lame, but looking at clearer pictures now, he looks siiiick! The gold and silver looks cool on him and…

…wait…

…Are those trans-purple limbs? :open_mouth:
violently spazzes out while screaming ecstaticly

6 Likes

Yup. :3

(looks closer)

GOOD GOSH

THE DAY HAS COME

(edit) (looks at top pic) Hmmmmmmmm might just be trans-blue actually…

3 Likes

Some observations of mine:

Onua hath trans purple on his upper leg.

Headpiece is definitely gray. #BRAINSTALKSCUNFURMD!1!!!

Perhaps the reason for his silver shoulders is backup claws?

Those look like stickers on Onua´s chest.

More weird stone spires.

That Pakari is incredi-schway.

3 Likes

The mask is awesome! :smiley: It looks more serious than the mata version. You can also see the brain stalk sticking out a lot. I’m not entirely convinced with the set itself though.
The use of trans in these sets makes the elemental powers the toa (masters :stuck_out_tongue:) have more apparent to people who hasn’t seen the story or other forms of media in my opinion.
Also, his torso decoration looks like a face.

Looking at the other sets you can see the other toas’ weapons dual use (Pohatu- Wing feet, Lewa- wings, Tahu- Swords, Onua- hammer) and that the smaller wepons previosly seen can be used as protection when using second use for all of them (that is an improvemebt from the nuva). For some reason we don’t see Kopaka’s dual use though. :frowning:

2 Likes

This picture… I like it… ANOTHER

3 Likes

These pics are great! I love all these dual function weapons!

I’m trying to figure out that as well. It would make more sense if they were trans purple. If they were trans blue it would be a major flaw in the set.
But Onua really looks awesome. His Kanohi looks even better then the prelim. It still strongly represents the original, while looking entirely new.

1 Like

Great job finding these! We’ll probably be reporting on this very soon.

Also, Onua looks like he’s trying to eat his upper lip.

8 Likes

Hey Ven, there’s also this pic of the NYCC display:

credit goes to this guy: Lego Bionicle #NYCC #NYCC14 | Paul Nicholasi | Flickr

10 Likes

First reaction: oh, neat!
Second reaction: oh look, there’s Ta Koro
Third reaction: HOLY POOP TA FREAKING KORO IS IN THE BACKGROUND

3 Likes

I think I’ll be calling it Ta-Okoto :P. But really, it looks epic, you can just see the love LEGO is putting in to this.

5 Likes

Also, can we just acknowledge how much of an idiot this guy is. He took all these photos, and then, he didn’t go and post them on Tumblr like a normal person would, no. HE went and posted these on Flickr, which has his real name there in bold.

1 Like