~Plorg 2.0~

But he said they have two

1 Like

No, Claws is the title of their clan.

I vote to stand to the side and wait for them to approach. As they charge, have Bill bring one down before it can reach us, then finish the second one off by flanking and jumping it.

1 Like

Oh, me stupid

1 Like

I said I wouldn’t try to explain too much, but yes, this is the implication.

We elect to stay and fight.

In this moment, you and Bill realize that the Claws are coming from both sides of the corridor; no doubt trying to flank you. They are not stealthy; the tapping of their nails against the ground alerts their presence, but these monsters are still ferocious in their own right.

Suddenly, Bill goes guns blazing, blasting toward the Claw running toward him. In a few shots, he manages to blast the creature’s legs and eventually the head, though it largely tanked the rest of his bullets. He got lucky; the head shot manages to make it through the eyeball.

The second one still charges, but you manage to leap before it and slash it with your large nail on your feet. Bill turns around and fires a shot at the Claw, but it does little to help you. Which means you are on your own. The Claw this time avoids your neck-snapping and puts up a bit of a fight, scratching at you. But the pain is minimal. You eventually use your own weight to push the Claw to the ground. Then, you strike the Claw with your foot’s large hook-claw right into the throat.

You have survived these ones, but who knows how many are left?

Bill motions to you, and both of you start to head down the corridor. Eventually, you come to the exit, and see the carnage outside: many Claws and some of the men have been brutally massacred. Bill stands silently, and bows his head before his fallen brothers.

Press “F” to pay respects.

2 Likes

F

What is the terrain outside?

1 Like

Rocky, with some wooded areas on the outskirts of the settlements. This is where you came prior. Looks isolated into the mountains.

You pay respects along with Bill. Eventually, Bill gets up from his knees. It is nightfall already, and he looks to you. “I will need to travel towards the safehouse. No doubt Oliver is there. But you have what you needed; you were healed. You are free to do as you please, though no doubt from the look in your eyes, I can see you are more confused than ever before. Unfortunately, I’m not the one with all the answers. That was Chief Hunter, but… He is gone now.”

Bill Curtis starts to look around for a vehicle, and he does find a remaining truck. He places some of his weapons and other belongings into the truck.

“I will drive through this nightfall. Thankfully we learned those creatures are not nocturnal, they have to sleep like us. So travelling through the night is our safest bet.”

1 Like

I’m confused. Is it implied that I am going with him or does he expect me to leave?

It is up to you. You may stay or go your merry way.

1 Like

I think we should go with him to make sure he reaches safety. While the Claws may not be nocturnal, other creatures are.

We elect to ride with him.

You insist to him that you are coming with him. Bill looks a bit uncomfortable at first, but thinking about it, he allows it. “Somehow, you have not eaten my face off yet. Perhaps that is a sign of trust alone. Very odd; you don’t think with your stomach like the other dinos we have seen. I guess the talking thing is part of that. Anyways, hop in.”

You thus hop into the carrier part of the pick-up truck (for you cannot fit in the passenger’s seat).

As the two of you ride through the Rocky Mountain roads and forests, you remember what night was like before all the chaos and injuries. Filled with brilliant stars, the moon clear and bright. It fascinates you.

True, the forest itself is dark and feels claustrophobic, but to look up at the stars above, the light of the heavens? That is comforting. You almost wish you could grab it, as was your first instinct from your memories, but it remains ever distant. Unfortunate. Or maybe not? Maybe that is a good thing?

The hooting of owls, the cries of bats, and the chirping of crickets fills the air on your ride. The cold mountain breeze brushes against your brown feathers. The smell of fresh evergreens and plants presents a pleasant aroma. This is peaceful. Natural. The way things should be.

Until you start to hear a chopping in the air. From what you can tell, Bill is unaware of this, but a light, like a star above you, moves rapidly towards the vehicle.

What do you do?

2 Likes

darn.

Hiss. Get Bill’s attention.

1 Like

I mean…

OOC: I’ve seen the skeleton of a Utahraptor before when I visited Montana where my relatives live. They’re big boys, way more intimidating than Deinonychus or Velociraptors IMO. Hence why I chose these ones.

You hiss through the back window of the truck to get Bill’s attention.

“What is it?” he asks you.

“A moving light in the sky,” you tell him. “It is following us.”

Bill grows a face of concern. “A chopper? Guess we’ll need to take a short cut. Hold on. We will take a logging road instead.”

A little down the road, he swerves toward a dirt road path and starts to head down that way. The light, however, continues to follow. Then, suddenly, sounds are heard.

RATATATATATATATA!

Lights flash on the ground, in succession to the sound, coming closer and closer to the vehicle!

3 Likes

I tell Bill to jump out of the truck but keep it driving. I do likewise. Maybe if the truck explodes, our pursuers will think we are dead.

“That sounds like a terrible idea,” Bill says, “that will make us sitting ducks for those bullets! And then we’ll lose the supplies I am carrying here!”

Do you convince him to trust us, or do we do something else to deal with the machine gun?

2 Likes

Am I fast enough to keep up with the truck while running?

You have no idea. From your memory, trucks seem too slow, but you also are aware that eventually you will run out of stamina, while these cars seem not to.

2 Likes

we should stay in the truck, and only leave if things get really desperate. Tell Bill to go faster, and ask him if he knows why the chopper’s following us.

2 Likes

Sounds reasonable.

If worst comes to worst and my other idea pans out, we should be able to carry Bill on our back the rest of the way. Brontosaurus’ aren’t particularly fast, so the safe house can’t be too far.

2 Likes

We elect to stay in the car.

“Can you make this thing go faster?” you ask Bill.

“Yep!” he says, “Just hang onto something.”

He steps on the pedal, and you feel a bit of the push from the vehicle you are riding. The bullets start to trail a bit behind. The lights of the chopper start to then flash, coming against the treeline and the car. From there, you see a small glimpse of the wording printed on the chopper. “PLORG CORP.”

2 Likes

Is there any coverage to lose the pursuers in ahead of this path?

1 Like