~Plorg 2.0~

interesting idea, but how’d Bill get back to his settlement without the car?

isn’t there also supplies in it?

1 Like

I did say dumb, no? XP

although I also am worried about the helicopter just coming back once we start moving again.

We’re close to the settlement. The helicopter probably won’t get to us before we get there.

I say we continue driving.

1 Like

I guess so. At any rate, that seems like the only plausible action at this point.

1 Like

We elect to continue driving.

You and Bill use the advantage of the forest brush to drive away from the helicopter that was once following you and now make it toward what appears to be the next settlement. You can see a tall Brontosaurus there, as well as at least a few dozen people there, holding guns.

Bill gets off the car and unveils what the supplies were: medicine, ammunition, and some rations. Some of the men of the tribe unload the materials and start dispersing it to their families, while keeping the ammunition for themselves.

You get off the car yourself, and see Oliver the Brontosaurus again. He looks happy to see you.

“Hey, good to see you’re alright buddy!” he remarks. “And glad to see at least one of the old soldiers survived. But these guys look pretty run down now. Dunno how much we can help them. Got any ideas?”

We should try and find answers about this whole ordeal. Maybe with more information we can find something actionable to do to help these people.

1 Like

“Sure,” Oliver responds. “Answers would be great, but the first thing we gotta do is figure out where to start searching. And how, considering we’d be very noticeable.”

What’s the time of day? Maybe we can try to make new friends.

1 Like

also who seems to be in charge?

1 Like

We are not sure, but it seems that Bill is quickly taking charge here while the rest of the remaining men and women huddle around.

It is currently the middle of the night, from what you can tell.

1 Like

we should rest

Agreed

2 Likes

We decide to rest for the night. You find a small patch of grass and lay your body there, to sleep for the night. Unlike the other nights, this one is peaceful with no dreams.

We awake, and see that the townsfolk have gathered into a circle in the distance.

1 Like

Let’s see what all the fuss is about.

indeed.

1 Like

Wake up Oliver too, if they’re not already.

1 Like

You decide to wake up Oliver, but it seems he is already awake and eating some of the leaves off the trees. You decide to listen in on the townsfolk in their circle. They appear to be in some strange ceremony, holding a book and singing strange songs about their deity. You determine this must be a ritual these humans do.

After they finish, you come up to Bill who is cleaning his gun, and ask about the happenings of this moved settlement.

“This was a safehouse we planned on going to if those Claws attacked us unprepared. I’m afraid we’re more exposed to that Plorg company now though.”

“What is that ritual?” you ask him.

“A thing called church,” Bill replies. “One of the few things we have left that has not been tainted by these terrible times. That is why we like it. It’s consistent, communal… We used to laugh at that idea. But, when you lose everything nice in the world, like big cities and teevees and internet, you realize how selfish we all were. Now we are just fighting to survive. There is something strangely refreshing about how terrible it is. But those scientists and the Claws are just a reminder of what we could have become. You take a step too far, forget about what really matters and justify what is clearly wrong, and you just hurt everyone. Time and time again. Humility, in the end, is probably the healthiest thing to experience.”

2 Likes

We should get something to eat.

consume

1 Like