PohatuxKopaka: Lucky Catch

Kopaka and Pohatu are my favorite characters. I love their relationship, especially in that one fan-animation where they fight the bohrok. https://youtu.be/ZOJK_W0zW94
And well…I ship it. So here’s a picture I drew with a little story for it beneath

“Woah, that was lucky. You had quite the fall after that little stunt.” Pohatu held Kopaka, who had fallen off of a flying Rahi that had attacked them. The Toa of ice remains silent, the battle over. Pohatu is concerned, “Are you ok?”
Quickly turning his head up after a second, Kopaka quickly responds, “I’m fine. I just need to find the Miru for next time.” His cool tone masked the hidden thought, (‘Please put me down now’). As he was about to make his discomfort known, Kopaka felt Pohatu’s grip tighten slightly as his eyes glowed cheerfully behind the mask. “That’s wonderful. You’re all in one piece.”
That friendly voice and firm grip gave Kopaka an odd comfort, one that touched his heart in a way he would never admit anytime soon. The Toa of Ice turned his head slightly, using his akaku’s periscope to hide his other eye from Pohatu. He didn’t want the Toa of stone to get any cheeky ideas.
However, the other Toa were nearby. Onua and Tahu were assessing the Rahi, leaving Gali and Lewa to see this display in front of them.
Gali softly smiled and giggled so as to spare Kopaka the embarrassment. Lewa had no such qualms however and remarked, “Quite the catch, eh Kopaka?”
Kopaka immediately jolted, causing Pohatu to set him down. “Eh?” The Toa of stone stared at Lewa and Gali in confusion. Kopaka glared coldly at Lewa, who’s smug smile was clear even behind his kanohi. “Lewa.” Gali lightly scolded the Toa of air, who decided to shrug and join Tahu before he got in more trouble. The Toa of water simply shook her head at Lewa before joining the others.

“What was that all…” Pohatu began.
“It’s nothing. It’s fine.” Kopaka cut him off, which caught Pohatu a little off guard. He was a little concerned again, but then heard some faint words behind that white Akaku.
“…Thank you…” the Toa of ice murmured as he turned away. Pohatu once again smiled brightly and followed him to join the other Toa.

As they walked back, Kopaka desperately hoped Pohatu couldn’t see the small cloud of steam trailing from his lower cheek vents. The Toa of stone didn’t. He was just glad he had connected just a bit more with Kopaka.
The End

Happy Pride month, everyone, and I hope you enjoy

4 Likes

Adorable! The picture is also really nicely drawn too!

1 Like

incredible
this is so cute

1 Like

I never realized how much the Mata hand resembles a Nuhvok shield.

1 Like

Oh wow…yeah it does