Poison Beast (G2 Lerahk)

Very cool head design. It looks like the jaw is articulated. Is that right?

2 Likes

I love the head design!
The color scheme goes well with the poison theme
Great moc :thumbsup:

1 Like

I wonder if you will do the other Rakshi because this is a good moc.

2 Likes

Interesting. Certain elements to the Mask of Jungle’s design very subtly, yet effectively, give off the impression of serpentine eyes and fangs. The trans-neon green makes it look all the more menacing, like its skin is charged with poison.

2 Likes

I like this very much. Very creative use of G2 Lewa’s mask.

2 Likes

Unfortunately not, no. The mask is basically wedged into the CCBS shell that forms the lower law. I wish it was, though!

And the MOC itself is rater bland and basic, but that’s all it really needs, as the gaping simulated maw of Poison Beast makes up for that entirely. Great job!

######Also the staff ends are wrong btw

Or maybe it’s @Disty intentional choice?

3 Likes

@TheMugbearer is right in this case - I chose the Guurahk staff specifically to fit better with the G2 style, as that part appeared in some of the G2 sets. Other reviewers have suggested switching to the Lerahk staff though, so I might give it a try and see how it looks.

2 Likes

I feel that you really captured the essence of the movie style Lerahk while adhering to the aesthetic of a G2 set. Based on those parameters, I think the execution is stellar. As a standalone MOC there is more to be desired, but I don’t think this was meant to be viewed as a standalone MOC.

-P

2 Likes

Dude, that MOC is almost perfect. Almost - You shoud make better legs, and he should have more green. But… That’s all. I have nothing more to say, than - great work!

1 Like

It looks a little small for a Rahkshi, but MAN THIS LOOKS GREAT! The choice to go with the Guurahk staff is reasonable. I do think the colors flow decently well, but all the solid green is in the head area, which throws me off a little.

Also, I like the text ‘Poison Beast’ text, it looks great too.

Minor note: While I do like how the head looks, I’m not sure that it’s actually a legal connection. Just something to look out for.

1 Like

I think that this is the best Gen 2 Rahkshi I’ve ever seen Lewa’s mask fit’s perfectly

I think it technically is, but i’m not an expert so yeah take my opinion with a grain of salt.

1 Like

I would recommend that.

You made the Mask of Jungle work well. You used it in the most creative way and I love it.

Edited for Double Posting - Waj

1 Like

LOVE the head design! The G2 Miru is maybe my favorite mask of the Toa Okoto, and seeing it used like this makes me love it more. Also, the hunchback design seems to fit, rather than doing another tall and lanky build for a Rahkshi.

1 Like

It’s especially cool because it actually looks like it could be a G2 set.

1 Like

That custom head just blew my mind, something so simple, but it gives the menacing hiss of the Rahkshi!. The only thing better would be a tongue sticking out.

1 Like

Or maybe you don’t need to make your entire comment on this MOC negativity towards a different post, hm?

Personally I think a non-Rahkshi blade might work best, but I can’t say what. Maybe the bayonette-esqe blade used in the Phantoka series, as that mildly looks like a syringe needle.

The body is perfect for simulating the Rakshi design and I really like that you added those silver pieces on the middle of the staff to give it more detail.

1 Like

Love the photography, but it looks just a tad too bulky.

1 Like