POLL: Phantoka and Mistika reviews

Personally I think that individual reviews (like the barraki and mahri) would be good, however if you do decide to group them together as 4 groups, could you perhaps give a quick overview of each set in those reviews? Also @Eljay will you be reviewing the Klakk as it is a canon set?

3 Likes

I don’t care how you’re gonna review the sets, I just know they’re still gonna be great!

1 Like

I think the Phantoka are similar enough to justify being grouped, but the Mistika are not (at least, the Makuta). Krika, Gorast, and Bitil are all very distinct builds from each other and definitely deserve their own separate videos.

That being said, I’m really not sure.

9 Likes

The only ones that I really feel should be grouped are the Makuta Phantoka.
I’d rather the rest to be reviewed individually.

1 Like

2008 was a weird year, to say the least. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not going to vote. I’m fine with both options.

So, the polls suggest more people want separate reviews. But the more outspoken group is that of the grouped review choice.

At the moment, I’m leaning heavily toward grouped reviews. While I understand that even the Mistika Makuta could pass, they’d be grouped as well.

Granted, I could go either way here. However, a lot of you guys may not want separate reviews and not even realize it. Cause with grouped reviews, it’d cut down the 2008 Season down to a 16 week run time. It’d get nearly doubled with separate reviews. If you guys are alright with that, however, then it isn’t much of an issue.

Just something to think about.

8 Likes

I’d rather have it grouped. Honestly, it annoys me when you have to take a week to review just one set, so I’d much rather see you group it anyways.

3 Likes

MESO do you hate Solek?

3 Likes

With the burning, unyielding passion of a billion fiery infernos.

-Mesonak

9 Likes

Why do you hate Solek so much? Is there a reason for it? And if so, is it a traumatic story?

5 Likes

You should be sure to make each of the matoran have their own video, cause they’re so unique. They’re amazing sets that us mocers should strive to replicate. Their possibility is so great, and I can’t believe lego put so much detail and greatness in these sets. They’re so good, that the designers of the new 2015 sets should be ashamed of themselves. Seriously though, the only excellent part of these sets were their masks, which I personally liked. Those limbs hurt me to see them.

Sigh :unamused:

8 Likes

It seems like I’m the only one that liked Solek…

6 Likes

What about the jetpacks/wings and weapons? Those were great!

You’re not alone buddy! The Av-Matoran are my buddies too. :smiley:

1 Like

I always preferred separate reviews, and since you did it for the Toa Mata, and Nuva, it’s only fitting you did it for the Mistika and Phantoka.

I love the av matoran characters, their pieces are just junk (except the masks, jetpacks and wings)

The jetpacks were good, I’ll give you that, but the weapons were all redos and the wings were, in my opinion, rather lacking. I also do own Solek, and I have to admit hes mask is pretty darn cool. (pun intended)

3 Likes

I want grouped Av-matoran, but everything else individual.

The phantoka arent mahri different but I feel at least pohatu and chirox are unique enough to get their own reviews. The others are basic inika builds with some new pieces. It would be easier to showcase their indivitual pros/cons of the combination with matoran (krika cant attach anything). I dont own any other mistika so I cant comment on them.

Yeah, that would be the best way to do it. BTW Eljay, which sets do you think are better the 6 Phantoka or the 6 Mistika?