[POLL] What do you usually buy a specific set for?

Could’t find any topic about this. I wanted to know why people buy a specific set for usually, so I decided to create a poll.

So, why do you buy LEGO sets for?

• The minifigs
  • The parts
  • The building experience
  • The play ability
  • The display ability

0 voters

3 Likes

All of the above, besides maybe the parts

2 Likes

Parts and minifigs.
That reminds me, I should scrap my Lego set.

1 Like

I only really by bionicle, in which case it’s usually for the character.

3 Likes

So you mean display ability, since you would display your bionicle characters

No, I mean character value. I buy an Optimus Prime toy because Optimus Prime as a character is awesome. I buy Onua because as a character he’s my favorite toa, and thus I’m more compelled to buy a physical representation of him. It’s why story can be such a good marketing tactic.

2 Likes

Personally, aside from the building experience and play-ability, I also buy sets for their the story that they have (like the fact that Glatorian Legends Mata Nui is on my bucket list of sets) and/or if I like they way they look (the Praetorian Guard set being an example of that) and/or they have a trait/gimmick/ability I really like (Von Nebula was this due to him having literal black holes as his power; I am crazy about that part of astronomy).

2 Likes

Minifigs and Display, and if they go great together like the Fallen Kingdom Lockwood Manor set, all the better. I almost never buy for parts, not with bricklink around.

1 Like

I get my money’s worth out of the time spent building it, and since I don’t play with my toys anymore, I like having them on display.

1 Like

It depends; some I scrap, some I keep / revamp, some just want a figure / their vehicle, etc.

1 Like