Posing the 2015 Sets

With my new mini studio, I figured I would try and pose some of the new sets I have.

TAHU

PROTECTOR OF WATER

Do y’all like? I took some more, but these were my favorites. I’d just like to say, the Protector’s proportions are kinda odd, but it makes them a lot of fun to pose.

Want to see more? Either way, enjoy, and happy (set) hunting!

15 Likes

I really like both of their last poses :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice. Could you do a buckshot for both? Practically every photoset of the new sets that I’ve seen have been from the front.

1 Like

Pretty splendid. You should have put Tahu into his Adrenaline Mode (Gold mask huzzah!)

3 Likes

I plan on taking LOTS of pictures. Trust me. There will be gold(en masks). And thank you.

@CausticKrana, as requested.

And for @BioRaiders532,

And the Adrenaline Mode for someone in my next round of pictures…

Enjoy!

Double post - fixed by Scarilian

6 Likes

I feel their should be a pose of the Water Protector lying down holding the gun thingy out in front of it. Kind of like this pose;

http://www.idcphuket.com/SiteImages/Data/PADI_Dive_Propulsion_Vehicle_(DPV)_Course.jpg

12 Likes

Yah, I just don’t know how to suspend him/her.

Mmh… good point, not entirely sure either, just thought it’d look nice :stuck_out_tongue:

Interested to see how poseable Lord Of Skull Spiders is when/if you get him :3

1 Like

I recommend learning this technique called “masking” that you can do in Photoshop. Tons of animators use this. Checkout xxxfancypantsxxx’s tutorial “how to make Lego fly” in order to learn this awesome technique!

2 Likes

You could like also link the video

also another good idea to make the poses is to use transparent bricks

Sorry… I was in a hurry when I made that post. :frowning:

Anyways, super-helpful video.

6 Likes

its alright :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually just picked him up today…

HMM HMM, ONLY FOUR SETS LEFT FOR ME TO GET…

But anyway, more pictures!

KOPAKA

PROTECTOR OF EARTH

Enjoy!

8 Likes

I’m just now realising just how short these toa are, I did a moc up, they aren’t much taller(if at all) than my toa team’s modified metru build, they look deceptively large in all the concept art, it’s mostly how small the masks are.

if you would be willing to do me a favor with a little parts jumbling on kopaka, I’d like to see how the thigh piece looks as shin armour with the new part as a knee guard. I’ve tried the basic Idea myself, but as I don’t currently have the sets I don’t know what it will look like.

Oh, and this is really good by the way, you’re doing a good job, though you could have a little more lighting.

3 Likes

You mean put the stickered piece onto his shin, correct? Which way should the two pin armor attachment go (up/down)?

And do you want the new armor piece attached to the upper or lower leg?

yes, the same direction it currently is, I guess that means up, lower leg. I should add the stickered piece should face the same way as well so that the new piece acts as a knee gueard, which I mentioned, but wasn’t sure if I was clear enough.

I want to use that as my g2 self moc’s shin design because I think it will look really good, but I’m not sure how the armour will look.

1 Like

Like this?

2 Likes

yeah, thanks, that actually looks pretty good,
I’m going to add extra friction joints to the knees to make my self-moc a little taller, which will also make the armor look less bulky.

1 Like

Only Protectors for the next two go-arounds.

PROTECTOR OF FIRE (I really have no idea how to pose him. The way he is built just… sucks.)

PROTECTOR OF ICE

Enjoy!

8 Likes

well looks like I’m gonna have to add elbows to the protector of fire

EDIT: and Nuju apparently

2 Likes