Potent element/Kanohi/weapon combos?

Assuming all of them weren’t killed by Gorast for even Considering retreat/rescue.

3 Likes

Ehh… She realized at the end that they had been played. I think the only thing she would have fought the Toa for would be for them to let her die.

2 Likes

Also, I believe that Greg has said that toa were allowed to kill when fighting in the Toa - Dark Hunter War. I believe he said they viewed it like we the in real world view stopping street crime vs. military combat.

I believe the argument would be that nothing could be done (at least the way Tahu reasoned it). That being said, no one’s really gonna mourn them. (Cue the Matoran of the Tren Krom Peninsula singing a parody of Ding Dong, The Wicked Witch Is Dead. :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

Here’s an interesting one I just thought of:

Brain signals are just electronic signals, right? So if a Toa of Psionics wore a Mask of Lightning, or vice versa, would the Psionics ability be boosted by the Lightning ability?

It wouldn’t necessarily give any new powers, but it could increase the Toa’s control over Psionics to above-average levels.

Not very useful in combat (especially since you would also be giving up a separate Kanohi power), but it could have its uses.

3 Likes

Mask of density control on a Toa of Air… use your element and Kanohi to boost yourself to great heights, you can either choose to unleash your powers from above like a cyclone god, or drop yourself with enough weight to shatter and crack the earth, sending shockwaves that’ll obliterate everyone.

2 Likes

This depends on how brains in the MU actually work, though. It’d be true if they functioned similarly to ours.

This only occurred to me re-reading this recently, but I actually imagine the reason rumor spread about Zaria (and not the Nuva) is that it kind of sounds like he was alone when it happened.

It’s one thing for a famous, respected team of Toa to unanimously agree “There was no other way”, but it’s a different matter entirely to kill someone in isolation and then claim it was necessary when someone asks you. You’ve got no witnesses to justify your innocence.

3 Likes

Do we know that there weren’t any rumours about the Nuva?

We probably wouldn’t have seen anything about it in the preceding story (what with Teridax taking over the Universe and whatnot), but now that everyone’s calmed down (mostly) on Spherus Magna, I feel like people are going to start asking questions.

4 Likes

Not to mention, Psionics itself, while being powers that affect the brain, might not actually be electrical in nature.
Think about it:

Do we see chain lightning jumping from Orde’s or Kongu Inika’s heads to the heads of those they’re mind-reading? Do we see electricity jumping from Orde or Nuju to something they’re using telekinesis on?

Also, isn’t every Toa’s element mentally controlled?

Cue a musical number about Metru Nui reopening its Sea Gates for the “First Timein Forever/The Time Before Time,” but the antisocial Kopaka isn’t thrilled at thee prospect of yet. even more beings flooding into the city. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

tbh I don’t think the writers thought that deeply into it - my guess is that it was more like “Oh, we can have some that control lightning, and some that have like telekinesis and mind-reading!”

2 Likes

We know that they work the same as Spherus Magna brains; Orde was able to use his power on Kabrua, and Annona was able to use her power on some Skakdi. And it seems like a reasonable assumption to say that Spherus Magnan brains work the same as ours, since they are organic and mammalian.

Additionally, Eliminator was able to fry brains with electricity.

Why would Kongu need to electrify something just to detect electrical signals?

While that is a power of Psionics Toa, it wouldn’t really apply to this situation, since you aren’t detecting or altering brain patterns.

What does that have to do with this?

What I’m asking is “How would Lightning powers amplify Psionics if the power of Psionics (as we’ve seen it work in-story), don’t appear to involve shooting electricity to do what it does?”

1 Like

so why exactly are we trying to use science to explain or come up with ideas for a world that defies literally everything we known about science?

3 Likes

Psionics doesn’t involve “shooting” electricity, but it (maybe) involves the sensing and manipulation of electric signals, which are both abilities also granted to Toa of Lightning, albeit on a much larger and less sensitive scale.

2 Likes

The Kakama on a Toa of sonics. Break the sound barrier as you run and blast people as you run by them.

3 Likes

You could probably get some pretty wacky combos between Toa of Magnetism, Lightning, and Iron.

That would be a ridiculous Kaita.

5 Likes

I’ve been thinking a lot about the Kanohi Mohtrek recently, and I realized that a Mohtrek/Olmak combo would be extremely useful, since it would effectively let you quicksave any point in time you want, allowing you to “restart” if whatever you’re about to do goes wrong (and with virtually no consequences).

First, you would use the Mohtrek to summon a past version of yourself from just a few seconds, and then kill them. This would be easy, since the version of yourself from a few seconds ago should be aware of, and okay with, your plan. This causes the creation of an alternate universe that branches from your current universe just a few seconds ago.

Now, if whatever you’re about to do goes wrong, you simply use the Olmak (or another form of dimensional travel, if you have it) to jump to that alternate universe without any of the hassle that usually comes with starting over in a new dimension; the timeline was split extremely recently, so there shouldn’t be any relevant changes in events, and the version of yourself in that universe is already dead (and recently, too).

(Now, that being said, obtaining both a Mohtrek and an Olmak is probably easier said than done, but still)

5 Likes

now that would be interesting

2 Likes

I can’t help but want to suggest air and a pinwheel axe because then you could use the air to force the blades to spin as fast as you would like for max possible damage.

2 Likes

Cordak blaster, mohtrek, and Olmak. You summon every version of yourself into the prime universe, flee, and let your enemies face a million of yourself. Then take all of your clone’s’ possessions, and go back and send them to their universes. Get rich fast.

2 Likes

And then you would die, because if a past version dies the present version dies as well.

2 Likes