Potential 2020 Constraction theme speculation (?)

Lego minions? Please excuse me while I go get some bleach for preparation.

2 Likes

As long as Minions doesn’t look like Trolls, I’m down

The site has updated the list and now there are 18 sets in total.

1 Like

I hope we get Vector with his squid launcher. That way we can get a minifig squid launcher to go with the bionicle one.

7 Likes

For an unholy two seconds, I was wondering what a giant humanoid crocodile detective would be doing with a squid launcher :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yes, the Sonic franchises most beloved character makes his first appearance in LEGO form with his iconic squid launcher that he definitely always had

1 Like

He found it while he was looking for the computer room :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We recently got a leak of a big fig from an upcoming theme. And well, they say it’s LEAF. Bye bye hopes for constraction :sob:

Not sure how this site is with leaks, so I won’t show it. But from what I see, it looks like some weird guy from yet another schi-fi theme. Personally I’m really bored of modernized themes with tons of advanced vehicles. We already had Chima, Nexo Knights, Ninjago, Hidden Side, they are all sci-fi. I would prefer more fantasy, more new ideas.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what currently running LEGO theme do you have no complaints about?

1 Like

Does Dots count?

1 Like

https://trademarks.justia.com/887/39/monkey-88739879.html lol pack it up boys, LEAF is a system theme based around Sun Wukong and Journey to the West.

I genuinely don’t think constraction is ever coming back, but it was a longshot. Keep the dream alive, maybe we’ll get something for the 20th anniversary.

Maybe.

4 Likes

While nothing you linked confirms that this is exactly what we’re getting, the logo is close enough that I’d say that’s a good bet. And honestly, this is something I could see being really cool. Overly Sarcastic Productions has given me a great appreciation for Journey to the West, Sun and his antics in particular, so this has the potential to be quite entertaining.

3 Likes

Interesting. No idea what this IP is, but could be good.

(For a split second I saw Sun Wukong, and my mind went to RWBY. Can you imagine that? That’s why he kinda dissapeared from the scene! He’s getting a spin off Lego line! :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

no. NO! THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED!!! IS LEGO TRYING TO LOSE MONEY?!?

(I’m actually really mad right now)

Well… Here goes the last hope Constraction had. I’m still exited about this new Asian-Inspired theme even if it’s going to be system, don’t get me wrong. I think having a Journey to the West-type theme in LEGO is an interesting idea that has a lot of potential, but the fact that it isn’t Constraction makes me genuinely sad.

I think the best thing we can do right now is to reach out to LEGO and politely ask them to reconsider the fate of Constraction. It would most likely not work, but hey, I’d much rather do that than stay here and do nothing.

1 Like

Well looks like I’m buying gunpla or transformers if I want an action figure.

1 Like

gunpla is the only thing that fills my buildable robot void too, friend.

I highly doubt it, but they could go the Chima route and have additional figures representing the characters in constraction. Hope is not all lost.

But yeah… sending emails and letters are about your only options at this point.

2 Likes

Exactly. All the emails that LEGO got after they decided to end Ninjago back in 2013 was what prevented the theme from being canceled. So who knows, maybe we should try doing the same thing. What do we have to lose in doing so, after all?

The time it takes to write a decent letter, that’s all. (a letter would probably have the most impact, because that means you were willing to pay to get your opinion out, but either works.)

2 Likes