Powers of a Kanohi of Psionics

The Garai is only confirmed to increase and decrease, not confirmed to only increase and decrease. A Toa of Gravity is capable of increasing and decreasing gravity, flying (which is just decreasing the gravity around the user), and switching the direction of gravity. It is not confirmed whether the Garai can or can’t change the direction of gravity, but I would bet that it is likely it can. Except for not working on the user, the two are very similar.

A vacuum would be created by absorbing air, which the Mask of Air cannot do, while the Mask of Vacuum will only be able to absorb air to create vacuums, so there is no overlap.

1 Like

So Garai is only controls part of the element? Like kanohi komau or mask of telekinesis

1 Like

Yes, the Garai can only increase or decrease the gravitational pull of objects. Actual Toa of Gravity have a more diverse set of powers - they can reverse the direction of gravity (which could allow them to walk on walls or ceilings, or to fly). It’s unknown if the Garai can create black holes, which normal gravity users can do.

Basically, to my understanding, the Garai doesn’t allow the precision a normal Gravity Toa can have. Also, like other elemental Kanohi, you can’t use the Garai on yourself.

2 Likes

Yup the most powerful ability any toa could have and its never used. (Ok that might just be because we never saw one in the story.) But if a Garai could do that, why wouldn’t Hewkii use that ability. Ok maybe he would have to be more skilled or something

1 Like

Kind of sad to find out that elemental masks provide Toa level of elemental power (with a few minor exceptions in possible techniques). I think that is too OP. Would be better if it were like 25% of Toa strength of the elemental power.

2 Likes

Because it would be something a Nova Blast would do, not a normal gravity power, and it’s already established the Nova Blast is a Toa exclusive ability, so the Garai cannot do it. The only reason Nuhvok-Kal was also able to create a black hole was because it lost control of its powers. It’s not a power it can normally do.

2 Likes

Oh but then what happened to the swarm of Tahnok he sent into space? Did he just reverse their gravity or something?

But would the nova-blackhole be the size of a Novablast? (About the size of Metru Nui)

@BenjaminsBay - Yes, their gravity was simply reversed and they are (or were) in orbit.

@Senit - Apparently it would be, at minimum, large enough to kill the Toa that created it.

1 Like

Yeah that obvious, as the toa stands at the center. But it should atleast be big enough to kill enemies.

Wait but wouldn’t that mean that a Nova blast of gravity is basically suicide? That would be kind of weird compared to the other elements. Or would their passive resistance against gravitational pressure protect them?

Yes

be able to, not “does”.

See my earlier quote.

1 Like

There was a hole discussion on the boards about whether gravity users can make black holes:

4 Likes

I see what you did there.

I both respect and hate you for it.

2 Likes

Interesting. Although is it also confirmed that a Nova Blast from a Toa of Gravity will always create a black hole? Like could they also just increase gravity in area X by 1000 times or something like that?

1 Like

Also. Kanohi Garai’s name does not use suffix Ba. Ba is the suffix of Ba matoran. Kanohi Avohkii and Kraahkan use suffixes of Av and Kra respectively. If there was a “full” mask of gravity it would be kanohi Barai or something similar.

2 Likes

From what we’ve seen in-story, all Nova Blasts carry a fatal risk to the user and those around them. That’s why it’s only used as a last resort.

Kind of like the mask of Sonar, Arthron, can use echolocation, which is just a small portion of what the element of Sonics can do

2 Likes