Pre-story Ideas

This is a bit cliché, but while listening to the podcast they mentioned the air/water tribe being religious. They also mentioned that one of the two believed in the toa. Two ideas came to mind, one is a call back to Mystery of Metru Nui where the matoren did not believe that Vakama and the others became toa and that something similar could happen. Example:
Jalla-Narmoto, why did you paint all of your armor red? Cosplay?
Tahu- What, noo! I have been chosen by Iker to be a toa.
Jalla- (Bursts out laughing) Oh forgive me, I did not think that my friend was so imaginative.

Something like that, I don’t want Tahu to have that “am I meant for this” ark, but I thought that it would be a good example. Another could be that Ekimu and Makuta remark that the toa look different than the original six, but are startled when they meet Voriki. Again, I know this is cliché but it is a thought.

4 Likes

This brings up a detail that I was wondering for a while. How do the matoran know who the toa are after the unfreezing? Does Tahu have to explain that he’s Narmoto, but now a toa?

I had that plus a few other plot hole details brought up in one of my older posts.

2 Likes

Puts up a wonderful idea… Fake toa…

Not wonderful but a issue… I am on the short side of the leg debate…
But if Toa and matoran is gonna be equal hight… This would be a very likely senaro.

1 Like

Good comedy, at least.

1 Like

I’d really like to see a throwback to stiff/hardcore MNOG Jaller, so I can easily imagining this actually happening.

Another idea I just had was with the G1 matoren tribes was to combine first syllable with the matoren part. Po-matoren to Potoren, Ta-matoren to Tatoren, etc. etc. I know that the TTV cast did not want names like this, (because it sounded racist cough) but it may work.

I would think some characters would reveal their identity right away, while others would wait to reveal it.

No?

Well, When you guys first discussed the matoren, you thought that (insert syllable)-matoren did not sound good, so I tried that experimental tribe name.

By the way, trying to hold it in but YOU GUYS ARE AWSOME!!! Really which I could talk with you guys. Also trying to build a prototype Pohatu for the constraction part of the line.

Its not a bad idea, but along with the place names it might be too much to remember.

Still, it may be necessary if we need to go island hopping in the future.