Preparation of Rites (a BIONICLE Generation 2 story)

Good to know. :smile:

I’m used to writing Gen 1 stuff, and I’m trying to be intricate on my details in the story while I add my own elements. Kinda like Greg Farshtey did. But I use details from magazines, the comics on the boxes, and the videos and play close attention so it can become a huge world.

As much as I don’t like tragedies in literature, I’m good at making tragic characters for some reason.

3 Likes

that’s not what I meant lol I just mean I was just…embracing it (for lack of a better term…)

Chapter 4

The Protector of Earth, Korgot, was scavenging some ancient ruins around the Region of Earth. She hopped across ravines and small pillars in huge chasms in order to get to his destination. After a long journey from the village from his region, she had finally made it to the ancient ruins, and now he searched for a certain object of interest.

“Where is that blasted tablet?” the Korgot asked Herself in his deep voice. Her green pupils rolled from one end of his eye to the other, surveying the area. She spotted a huge stone pillar that caught his interest. She skipped over some jagged rocks in the broken ground of the Region of Earth to make his way toward the pillar.

The pillar’s vertical wording glowed with a purple essence, contrasting to the coal-black rock. The Protector of Earth’s head shifted back in order to read the top of the wording.

Beware the wrath of the one who lurks in the shadows.

“Whatever that means, I don’t want to know.” The Protector of Earth ignored the warning totem and looked around some more. She placed her hand over her eyes and looked around the horizon. Suddenly, she spotted a strange-looking hole popping out of a piece of earth that protruded from the ground. “I wonder where that goes to.”

In no time flat Korgot was crawling through the hole, which led to a tunnel. Her eyes began to adjust to the darkness as he went down the rather circular pathway. While in the midst of the dark hole she saw a light at the other end that flickered. She sped up his crawling speed.

As she made it through the hole, she was amazed by what he saw: a small room filled with old tablets, lit by an illuminated stone. She saw several that had disappeared over the centuries. She soon spotted the tablet he was looking for: information on the Region of Earth’s coming hero, Onua. She climbed out of the tunnel and rushed toward the tablet. She lifted it up from the ground it was on and rubbed the dust off with his hand. Korgot looked at it closely. It was just what she needed to know.

Korgot placed the arm between her body and armpit and carried it out of the tunnel. However, as she popped her head out of the tunnel, she was surrounded by green Skull Spiders.

“Oh, hello friends.” Korgot picked up her Star Drill and Throwing Knifes.

One of the skull spiders leaped at the mighty Protector, but she flung her knife at the Skull Spider, cutting it cleanly in halve. The spider’s separated parts fell to the ground, with juice leaking from it. The Protector of Earth stepped over it’s remains.

“Does anyone else want to mess with me?”

The skull spiders looked around and each-other, and then scurried off into the distance. The Protector of Earth nodded. “Just as I thought.”

The Protector went to pick up her knife from the ground. She cleaned it of the green Skull Spider juice the knife had contacted. It was sticky and wet. She wiped it with the bottom of her fist, and then shook the nasty juices to the ground. She then continued on her trek through the mountains to get to the Temple of Time.

~~

The Lord of Skull Spiders sensed another Protector nearby as it continued its way to the temple. It was dark out, as a full moon shone with brilliance and yet constrained so that any young villager could look at it with awe. The Lord of the Skull Spiders’s humongous legs stretched to look through some branches at a Protector running down the road. It was time to attack.

The Lord of the Skull Spiders leaped through the bushes and in no time knocked the Protector over. His favorite attack. Protectors were easy to tip over because they had small feet and liked to wear lots of armor. They were not very good with balance.

But the Protector had something up his own sleeve. Korgot began to focus on her torso, and suddenly it glowed a deep purple color. Soon, it began firing small pellets as hard as rock. It thundered the Lord of Skull Spider’s body as it tried to use it’s frontal legs to block the attack. No use, the Protector of Earth’s projections produced a vibration to the Lord of Skull Spider’s body, leaving it dizzy. Then the malicious spider lifted the Golden Skull Spider mask from it’s head, and used it to signal the Protector of Ice.

~~

The Protector of Earth tried to keep back the sharp razor made of ice that was coming toward her face. She used all of her might to make sure she wasn’t split in half. In the meantime, she looked at the face of his attacker. It’s head was being crushed by the spindly legs of a Skull Spider, and the spider’s orange eyes covered the blue eyes of his friend. And the attacker had a more limp positioning, almost like a zombie.

Out the desire to save her friend, Korgot pushed her attacker off of her and tried to scrape the mask off of her friend with her knife while he was on the ground. But the enemy was wise, and used it’s elemental blaster to knock the knifes out of his opponent’s hands. Izotor got up using his razor as his support. This gave the Earth Protector the chance to focus her elemental power on his Star Drill.

“Come here, brother,” the Korgot said. “I am here to save you from the creature that’s crushing your skull.”

Izotor rushed toward the Protector of Earth, and his Ice Saw was broken by the Star Drill. Then he punched the Protector of Ice in the face. The Protector of Ice once again fell to the ground, but this time not getting up.

The Protector of Earth then turned her gaze toward the Lord of the Skull Spiders. The sick creature’s eyes lowered and gave off a fowl screech. Suddenly, Skull Spiders of all different colors surrounded the Protector of Earth, and his icy opponent also stood.

"Give up, fool," the false Protector of Ice stated with a voice that wasn’t his own. "You don’t know what you’re getting into."

“I know exactly what I’m doing,” the Protector of Earth replied. “I’m trying to save my friend from your evil clutches. And I won’t stop until that darn spider is ripped off of his face.”

"Then you’ll die trying," the Skull Spider said.

Korgot knew she couldn’t stop all these forces on his own. She needed others to help. Then it hit her: The Temple of Time! The other protectors will be there! Perhaps they can help. As soon as she could, she ran to his right down the road as the Skull Spiders, the Protector of Ice, and the Lord of the Skull Spiders rushed after him.

Feel free to give more feedback, guys! I’d appreciate it!

5 Likes

this made me laugh

I like this so far, suspenseful

2 Likes

I intended that to be comedic. :smile:

That’s what I’m going for. I want the journey to the Temple of Time to be a suspenseful one so one can realize why the Protectors even need to get the Toa anyways.

1 Like

I enjoy how you wrote the chapter. It envoys a tale of ‘ticking-time-bomb’ to me. Am I alone?

1 Like

Well, the story is somewhat of a race. The Protectors needs to summon the Toa in order to stop the Skull Spider menace.

Chapter 5

The Protector of Water looked at the different tales written on the walls of the Temple of Time. One in particular caught his interest: The Aftermath.

It happened about one thousand years ago. The villagers of Okoto, enjoying their re-shaped island because of the masks Ekimu had given the Protectors long ago to reform the island, suddenly began to see their island shake.

The perfectly-made cities and form of the island was shaken. The City of the Mask Makers began to crumble. The villagers hid in their homes in order to stay safe from the earthquake.

Ekimu noticed the terrible shaking of the island. He looked outside from the ancient forge he was at, and saw all of the tribes of Okoto crumbling. Only a mask with all the elements could do such damage, Ekimu thought to himself. Makuta, what have you done?

Ekimu hurried his way to the Region of Stone, where he sensed the source of the pulses was coming from. Soon enough, he saw his brother, Makuta, on top of a crevice of rock, and much taller. He wore a mask shrouded by a fiery shadow, and Makuta had lost all control of the mask.

Ekimu had few options. He knew if he allowed Makuta to keep using the mask, Okoto would be destroyed. But at the same time, if he stopped Makuta, both of them could possibly die. Ekimu knew what he needed to do: sacrifice himself for the better of Okoto.

So Ekimu swung his mighty hammer directly at Makuta’s face.
#KNACK!

Makuta screamed. Suddenly, a huge shock wave of energy hit both Makuta and Ekimu. Makuta went flying elsewhere, but Ekimu was pushed hard into the ground, creating a crater like a meteor that crashed into the earth. Ekimu immediately fell into a coma.

It was the Protector of Water who lead the other Protectors to the body of Ekimu. As all the village leaders gathered around, the Protector of Water pointed toward Ekimu’s body.

The Toa…

The Protector of Fire looked down at Ekimu. “What?”

When times are dark… And… All hope seems lost… The Protectors must unite… One from each tribe… Evoke the power of past and future… And look to the skies for an answer…

Ekimu was struggling to say anything in this state. The Protectors listened carefully. “What sign?” asked the Protector of Ice.

When the stars align… Six comets will bring timeless heroes to claim the masks of power, and find the Mask Maker.

“Is that all they’ll do?” asked the Protector of Jungle.

United, the elements hold the power to defeat evil. United, but not one.

Ekimu’s eyes, which still glowed when he said this, finally stopped shining. He was dead. The Protectors looked at each other out of sorrow, and came into the crater. They picked up Ekimu, but noticed something was missing.

“Where’s the Mask of Creation?” asked the Protector of Water.

The Protector of Stone looked around, but found nothing. “Someone must’ve been here before us.”

As they entered the ancient city, the Protectors noticed the Mask of Creation was put on a pedestal outside of the city, along with a giant spider that had found it.

The spider was big, with black and orange coloring and little white hairs. It had huge fangs, but at the same time didn’t seem hostile toward the Protectors. He must’ve been the one that found the mask and put it back, the Protector of Stone presumed.

The Spider was soon declared the guardian of the mask and the city. The Protectors looked to it as a threatening foe to anyone who challenged the masks, and he seemed to have loyalty to the mask.

The Protector of Water’s reading ended there, but much more had changed from the last time the knowledge of the Spider was written down. He had been interrupted when the Protector of Earth entered the Temple of Time without her sacred robe.

“Protector of Earth, where is your robe?” asked the Protector of Fire. “You know you’re supposed to wear your robe.”

“There’s no time for that,” the Protector of Earth exclaimed between short breathes. “Our brother, the Protector of Ice, has been taken over by the Lord of the Skull Spiders. And now both are marching this way!”

3 Likes

nice look into Ekimu’s thought process just there, I liked it

1 Like

It’s so annoying to have to edit this story to fit the canon. -.-

4 Likes

Eh, it’s not canon in the first place. No real reason to go back and change it.

Well, I WANT it to fit the canon. And so far it’s doing pretty good.

2 Likes

Chapter 6

The Protectors removed their robes and followed the Protector of Earth outside to see the army of the Lord of Skull Spiders marching it’s way to the temple. Between a crowd of the Skull Spiders stood the possessed Izotor, with his ice saw and elemental ice blaster. The false protector looked at the temple, frowning as he saw the rest of the Protectors there, preparing their weapons.

Narmoto looked at army of Skull Spiders, then at Izotor, and then at the other three Protectors. “Our brother has fallen under the power of the Lord of the Skull Spiders. As Protectors, it is our duty to free our enslaved brother.”

The Protector of Fire ignited his Flame Swords, and pointed his left one at Izotor. “I’ll be the one fighting Protector of Ice. The rest of you need to hold back the Skull Spiders and their malevolent leader.”

The Protector of Fire ran down the steps of the Temple of Time to get speed. Then, during one of his steps, he did a mighty leap into the crowd. He landed on two Skull Spiders, one for each foot. With careful accuracy, Narmoto ran across the Skull Spiders. Some of them jumped up to attack his face, but he swung his Flame Sword at them in order to slice them into two. Some Skull Spiders tried to bite his legs, but he managed to be faster than them.

Eventually he jumped into the crowd that the enslaved Izotor stood center of. Narmoto yelled as he tackled Izotor. Izotor used his shield to block Narmoto’s tackle and flame swords, thus not being injured as much. And when Narmoto was laying flat on the shield after the tackle, the Protector of Ice simply flung him off.

Narmoto fell to the ground, but he was not down for long. He quickly got up and picked up his flame swords again. I’m not done just yet.

~~

The Protectors of Earth, Water, and Jungle were busy fighting Skull Spiders. During the fight, Vizuna, the Protector of Jungle, backed out of the fight in order to possibly help Narmoto keep away the Skull Spiders. But just as he was close to Narmoto, the Lord of the Skull Spiders jumped in his way, crushing any Skull Spiders underneath it. Vizuna pulled up his Flame Bow and aimed at the Lord of the Skull Spider’s eyes.

Lord of the Skull Spiders then saw a green flash of energy coming from the bow. Actually, several bright, green flashes. But before he could take action, one of his eyes were hit by the projectiles. He screeched in agony, and used his front legs to cover his eyes. He scurried into the surrounding forest that was nearby the road, and centered it’s control on the Golden Skull Spider mask.

"I see what you’re doing, Lord of the Skull Spiders. It seems you’re rather at a loss, don’t you think?" Kulta chuckled.

Very funny, using the initials of my name like that. But whatever. I managed to get to the Temple of Time, and so far my army is holding up well. Especially since I got that Protector. The only Protector missing there is the Protector of Stone, so it looks like I got here just in time. You can thank me later.

"Yes, yes. I have been monitoring your progress. Now get back to your army, you coward. From what I can see, your loosing."

The Lord of the Skull Spiders turned to see many of his Skull Spiders fallen. He hurried over to the scene of the battle again, to perhaps overcome some more Protectors.

~~

Narmoto’s flame swords had cut Izotor’s shield in half. Now all Izotor had was his stubby fists and his Elemental Ice Blaster. Protector of Fire leaped at his opponent, taking him down onto the ground with him. Narmoto wrapped his hands around the Skull Spider, and began to yank. The Skull Spider held tighter.

Narmoto didn’t want to use his Flame Swords for this, but he did. With precision, Narmoto cleanly cut the Skull Spider into two, being careful to not hit his dear friend’s face. The Skull Spider squeaked it’s last, and then fell unto the ground. The Protector of Ice came into full control of his body again, and reached for his face. “My mask… Where’s my mask?” he said meekly.

Izotor looked around. A singular Skull Spider carried it on it’s back through the horde. Izotor approached it and simply kicked the spider, knocking the mask into the air. The Protector of Ice ran ahead of it to catch it with both hand. And then, with a delicate touch, he softly placed the mask. His body filled with power again. Izotor was once again the true Protector of Ice.

~~

Korgot, Vizuna, and Kivodo cleaned up the rest of the Skull Spiders with ease. Yellow, blue, and silver Skull Spiders flew throughout the air as the Protectors continually blasted them with smiles on their face. It was fun to see those nasty vermin meet their ends.

Meanwhile, Narmoto and Izotor held back the Lord of the Skull Spiders. Lord of the Skull Spiders was overwhelmed with the amount of action he faced. Trying to control the horde of Skull Spiders while fighting two Protectors was too much. He rose his Mask again and screeched. The Skull Spiders halted, and turned around to their leader who was in the back lines. Then then followed their lord as he scurried down the road. The army had retreated. The Protectors had won!

Izotor sat on the steps of the Temple of Time’s staircase. He rested his head on his knees, with his arms wrapped around his legs. He looked up at Narmoto. “I can’t believe I was overtaken by a scrawny, good-for-nothing Skull Spider. I would be a disappointment to my father.”

“We need not worry about these things, Izotor,” Narmoto replied, sitting down on the same step as Izotor. “The past is the past. Besides, we learn from our mistakes. They help us build with wisdom. But we need not dwell in the past, because it brings forth the lies of the unforgiving past. Instead we need to look forward to the Toa. Even if we had one victory today, they are sure to bring countless in the next.”

Izotor nodded, and got up. He took part of his broken shield and focused on it, leading it to be restored. “This shall be my symbol, then. A broken shield restored.”

So, what do you guys think of this chapter? Feedback is appreciated!

3 Likes

:musical_note: Let’s go, Narmoto, let’s go! (repeat)

But honestly, I liked how you described the battle; Very intense. Much screech. Such yes.

1 Like

nice battle, I liked it

1 Like

Chapter 7

Somewhere in the forests of the Region of Jungle, Lord of the Skull Spiders had been hiding in the darkness of thick trees and foliage. He had retreated from battle, but that wasn’t the end for the antagonistic spider. He soon stumbled across a small village out in the middle of a small field that was surrounded by trees.

Revenge…

The Lord of the Skull Spiders once again lifted up the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders with his weak and shaky leg. Once again his eyes glowed a deep crimson red, and the Skull Spiders following him obeyed his command.

The villagers were quickly succumbed to the vicious might of the Skull Spiders. Many of them were taken control of them, or even killed. The weapons of fire the villagers had used caused one of the buildings to go aflame, and soon set the whole city on fire. Villagers ran and screamed as they aimlessly fled from the Skull Spiders. Eventually, all of the villagers were killed, except for one child.

The child crawled his way out of the wreckage while the city was still in chaos. He hid behind some bushes as he saw his family and friends killed, overwhelmed by the power of the Skull Spiders. He wanted to cry, but he knew his father would not approve. He was told even the great Vizuna wouldn’t cry at a time like this. He needed to stand strong while there was nothing he could do.

He aimlessly wandered the forest, looking for more civilization so he could warn them of the attack on his village. The young boy had been carrying a stick for his weapon that he pulled off a tree, when suddenly he came across Skull Spiders that blocked his path. Quickly, he turned around and went up into the foothills of the mountain, to possibly run off the Skull Spiders, and dropping his stick as he fled. He wanted to make it to the hiding place he had earlier, but it was no use: the Skull Spiders had blocked his way while he was standing near the ledge of a cliff.

“Help!” the boy cried as he trembled from the presence of the Skull Spiders and clutched his mask. He jumped as he was interrupted by a blast of sand at the Skull Spiders. They flew past the boy and fell down the cliff to their impending doom.

The Protector was tall and quite strong. He wore dark orange armor, with a silver shoulder pad on his left arm and bones that stuck out of his arms and feet, a way to decorate himself. His mask was also burnt orange but also had a yellowish green tint that blended in with the orange, no doubt a Protector mask. His weapon was of the highest quality: an Elemental Blaster, that was used to fight off Skull Spiders. From this he determined that this was the Protector of Stone.

“DUCK!” the boy yelled. He crouched and covered his head as another spider jumped at him. The Protector kept blasting each of the Skull Spiders with the powerful balls of sand.

“Are you alright?” the Protector asked.

The boy bowed down and shuddered. “You… You are Nilkuu, The Protector of Stone! My father told me stories about you and your sandstone blaster. I am Bingzak.”

Nilkuu looked around for signs of danger. “Bingzak, why are you here, so far from the nearest village?”

“My village is gone, destroyed by the Skull Spiders! I alone escaped with my mask. I have been hiding in the jungle ever since.”

Nilkuu shook his head, sorrowful of such an event. “I am sorry, Bingzak. This is a dark time for our island. Many have lost their masks to the Skull Spiders and have fallen under the control of the Lord of the Skull Spiders.”

Bingzak arose and shuddered. “May I ask why you are not in the Stone Region?”

“I have traveled to the Jungle Region for an important mission. I must get to the Temple of Time immediately.”

Bingzak was a bit confused on that statement. “The Temple of Time? But… if you wound up here, you must have taken a wrong turn on the mountain trail. Are you lost?”

Nilkuu snorted through his mask. “Of course not. Protectors never get lost.”

“Never?” Bingzak asked, pushing for a true answer.

“Well, almost never. It is not often that I leave the Region of Stone. Also, this jungle is so full of trees that look the same to me.”

“I can guide you to the Temple,” Bingzak pointed to the woods. “I know a shortcut.”

~~

The Protectors gathered around the pool which the Mask of Time was put into. They focused their elemental energies into the pool as they chanted their sacred prayer.

“When times are dark, and all hope seems lost, the Protectors must unite, one from each tribe. Evoke the power of past and future, and look to the skies for an answer. When the stars align, six comets with bring six timeless heroes to claim the Masks of Power and find the Mask Maker. United, the elements hold the power to defeat evil. United, but not one.”

The Protectors halted themselves as they took deep breathes and closed their eyes. They had finally done it. They had summoned the Toa. Izotor was the first to stop inserting elemental energy. The rest of the Protectors followed. Afterwords, they took the Mask of Time and inserted it into a safe in the Temple, for safe keeping. Then they removed their robes and put their weapons back on.

Bingzak was waiting outside for Nilkuu, sitting on the steps with his hands supporting his chin. Nilkuu placed his hand on Bingzak and whispered to him. “Come, it’s time to go.”

Epilogue

The Protector of Fire looked eagerly into the crater of fire that had previously been a comet. He was surrounded by villagers, and in the back of the crowd was his son, trying to catch a glimpse of what was going on.

The Protector of Fire held his breath in astonishment as he saw the leg of a giant red figure step from the crater of flames. He towered over even the tallest villager there. The figure has quite the broad shoulders, bright blue eyes, and gold armor that reflected the light that came from the fire. His silhouette stood before Narmoto as he rubbed his head.

The giant groaned in his deep but husky voice. “Where am I…” he asked. “Who am I?” he asked, his eyes growing wider.

The Protector of Fire stepped forward. “You are Tahu, the Master of Fire. You have been sent to us.” He said this while using his mask to project a Flame Ball that came from his palm.

“What are you talking about?” Tahu asked, still quite confused. “Why would I be sent here?”

The Protector of Fire stretched out his arm and made a grasping position with his right hand, to show his need for Tahu. “An evil is rising, and you are here to defeat it.”

Tahu looked around the villagers, still holding many questions, especially about his identity, as he couldn’t remember who he was. He finally came across a little villager, with big, wide blue eyes and stubby arms. “Me? What do I know about defeating evil?”

The Protector of Fire’s hand positioned upward to create an image of the island and the Toa out of fire.“It has been foretold that one day six heroes, The Toa, would arrive and go on a quest for Golden Masks to unlock each of their great powers.”

“How do you know-?” Tahu was interrupted by a sudden gasp from the villagers. He looked around. “What, was it something I said?”

“No, it’s those Skull Spiders behind you!” The Protector said as he pointed into the flame.

Tahu turned to see what was going on, when a Skull Spider hut his board. Tahu kept turning as more of the Skull Spiders were hit by his lava board. However, Tahu sensed another one coming by his arm, and almost by instinct, Tahu placed his fist right in the way of the spider, crushing it when it came to impact.

Tahu looked ahead to the villagers, all in a state of astonishment as they gasped. “I, um…” the villagers bowed down before him. “Oh!”

“Do you still doubt your destiny, Tahu?” the Protector of Fire asked. He removed his cloak and staff, and revealed his elemental fire blaster. “Come with me. We have no time to waste!”

That about wraps up Preparation of Rites. I want some feedback! Did you guys like the story? What didn’t you like? Should I make a sequel, or should I focus on The Chronicles of Fa some more?

4 Likes

I very much enjoyed this story chronicler, good goin’ man :smile:

1 Like

Thanks! I’m glad I finally got this thing finished. It turned out longer than I expected it to, but it was fun!

1 Like

if bionicle 2015 had started off with this story, I feel like people would be less negative

I’m dead serious, this was really good

1 Like

Well, this originally started off as just a fun project, but it kinda morphed into what I viewed the new BIONICLE as. I wanted to put a positive light to it, as it originally began during the beginning of Gen2, where people were constantly negative about it.

Anyways, I’m glad to see someone really liked it. I wish this story could be considered canon, but unfortunately it probably will never be. Ah well. It was still fun to write though. :smiley:

1 Like