Problems with LEGO Bionicle (2015) Gears

So, it seems like it’s a global problem… I know how you feel man. My Gali can’t hold her arm and it freaks me out a lot.

2 Likes

Yeah. I was freaking out because of my Kopaka. Luckily, I have ordered from LEGO a new gearbox.
Is Gali your favorite Toa?

I try not not to have a favorite Toa. But It bugs me a lot when her arm falls off. Especially for me as a collector. I usually don’t play with them, in fact, I have them in my shelf and I like to pose them.

1 Like

They are awesome to pose.

1 Like

Oh wow, glad I’m not the only one with this problem. I’ll try that Lewa gearbox thing, really hope it works.

I swapped Kopaka’s for Onua’s, it didn’t fix the problem, only made it a bit worse, so some of the Onua gearboxes might be defective too.

EDIT: Failure. 01 Kopaka seems to have more friction at this point.

1 Like

It’s not any one Toa’s gearbox that is screwed up, it is some of the molds for the gearbox piece in general that are screwed up.

1 Like

Yeah. Lewa’s gearbox on Kopaka didn’t last too long. I ordered a new one.
But, it was worth the shot.

I’ll order another one in a few months as well. Hopefully by then they should have corrected the mistake.

Has anybody reported this to Lego yet?

1 Like

you cant stop the gear box from moving

oh you want to make a pose…well you cant too late you bought all the toa
cries

2 Likes

Hey, I discovered POHATU’S gear system is really strong. I advise using it.

I’ve swapped for all the different Toa and I ordered a replacement. NOTHING has worked.

I swear it has gotten out of hand with the amount of defective parts in Lego sets recently.

EDIT: I don’t like to really mod my sets, but I’ve added an extra gear. Seems to have worked well.

1 Like

sarcasm?

anyway kopakas is better of all the toa worst is tahus

Everybody the strength of the gears has nothing to do with the sets they come in it has to do with the pieces used so if the problem is with the main gear box piece and that’s used on all the toa it’s not like they make ones specifically for Tahu or specifically for Kopaka…

3 Likes

I just hope it won’t affect Ekimu.

Hopefully by then they will have fixed it.

Funny, I have the same problem, and only with Kopaka as well. I’d add an extra gear in him, but right now hes mixed into my Wairuha MOC :stuck_out_tongue:

I even tried switching out the gearbox and gears and friction pegs with ones from Gali, but while all of my other sets have no problem with their weapons, Kopaka’s shoulder still loosened over time.

No, it wasn’t sarcasm. His gear structure has a great way of holding one arm in place.

I mean both arms

1 Like

It probably wont. I assume that the lose gears are due to some people getting the sets that where made before NYC when they decided to tighten pieces up (Though that might have just been with the masks)

2 Likes

I Got My New Gearbox From LEGO!!
It really tightened Kopaka’s spear arm!
I can extend with the spear out and hold much better!
I’m tempted to get some more from LEGO.

Hey, I’ve discovered something.
Lewa’s arms are way too high on his shoulders, whereas the other Toas’ seem to line up with the extra ball joints.
How can I lower the box, and yet keep his shoulder-spikes at the same level?

2 Likes

Once I get Lewa, I’ll experiment and let you know.

2 Likes