Protector kaita of power & wisdom (WIP)

I don’t know what gold has to do with ice but that doesn’t mean that gold is the new couler of ice.

That depends on how you think persenoly i think that when they made the toa they intended to make the toa represent ther element don’t you think so?

Yes.
But the gold is only there to represent he’s one of the larger sets.

Then wy is it on onua the smalest toa but not on gali one of the talest?

Onua, Tahu and Kopaka all have a higher piece count and thus are 20$
So Onua, Tahu and Kopaka are all large sets.

Onua have more pieces yes but he is nowhere nere being one of the larger set and you’r avoiding my question if the gold is supost to go to the larger set’s then why is it on the smallest toa of them all but not on one of the largest.

By “larger” I mean the sets are more expensive.
Lego knows people associate gold with importance so they put them on the more expensive sets.

They look pretty good!

That seems like a silly idea, considering the sets they are made out of already exist and can be bought.

1 Like

@StudentScissors Ok first of somthin being larger and somthing being more expensiv is two completly diffrent things second of you have to consither that the size of gali’s bone and armor pieces could make her just as expensiv as tahu or kopaka.

@PekekoaOfJungle Maybe but they where fun to build and they don’t loke to bad eder

Edited for Double Post - Waj

Please refrain from posting on a topic twice in a row. If you want to reply to multiple people, just type the ‘@’ symbol in front of the user’s name that you want to reply to. Also, read this. Thank you :smile:

1 Like

But having a higher piece count is larger!

But she isn’t. So she doesn’t have gold.

I feel you have gotten the wrong impression with the idea of gold being anything other than what Lego use to represent something impressive and ornate, same with silver.

The elements are represented by the following colours;
Fire - Red
Ice - White
Water - Blue
Jungle - Green
Stone - Brown
Earth - Black

Any other colours used currently are intended simply to be something that works with the overall colour scheme.

As for the MOC’s themselves, i feel the right one is better given the left one appears to have very thing legs and seems fragile. The colours used are also fairly well balanced out, though my main gripe is just the proportions and size of the weapons given they seem a bit unwieldy.

Going to be completely honest here - while the idea of making a Kaita is a good one and great for those who brought the sets, there is no drive to be had for people to vote for this to become a set on Lego Ideas - given its simply the combination of a variety of other sets. Even if someone believes these sets to be perfect in every way, they could spend the same amount of money to buy the Protector sets and make them themselves.

2 Likes

@StudentScissors You relly don’t under stand that lego spend more mony on gali than what they gaind? And also having a higer piece count dosen’t make a set larger loke at tahu and kopaka for example kopaka has way more pieces but is just as large as tahu

@Scarilian I have said this before that goes for evrything on there evry idea is made from alredy exsisting sets.

NO DOUBLE POSTIN’

For the last time I’m not referring to physical size I’m reffering to price and piece count.

First off Lego is a professional company. they would never sell a product for less then the price it took them to make it.

Second off how does Gali supposedly costing more for Lego to make then for someone to buy even connect to “Gold being the new colour of ice”

You obviously don’t understand that gold is a highlight, similar to silver, and that it is on Kopaka to help represent that he is one of the three 20$ Toa.

1 Like

eh, I really don’t like the build, the proportions are off, the weapons are kind of awkward,
colors are decently balanced though.

[quote=“Dragon_fan, post:14, topic:11573”]
but then again gold is the new colour of ice
[/quote]…
what?

[quote=“Dragon_fan, post:35, topic:11573”]
You relly don’t under stand that lego spend more mony on gali than what they gaind?
[/quote]trust me, lego isn’t losing any money.

[quote=“Dragon_fan, post:36, topic:11573”]
evry idea is made from alredy exsisting sets.
[/quote]no, every ideas project is made out of lego system, not specific sets,
this is literally only using parts from previously released sets, and sets you can still buy at that.

also, would you kindly try to spell things correctly and punctuate, it’s kind of hard to understand you at times.

1 Like

Each Gali set probably costs $4 to produce, so they are making a lot of money selling her for $17.99.

1 Like

K so as incredibly fascinating as this is, it probably belongs elsewhere.

Let us resume talking about the moc as opposed to what color is which.

-MT

1 Like

Yop, probably a good idea. :confused:

I get what you are saying, due to them using Lego which has probably been brought from other sets. The difference is with making a set from a selection of sets like this is that anyone can do this, the only thing they lack is the instructions. That is not a comment on the quality of the MOC but simply that the pieces are easily available in new sets that most people can acquire. Nothing is really stopping them from replicating your designs, so it lacks things to encourage people to vote for it to become an official set.

If you want to improve these Kaita so they stand more of a chance to be selected on Lego ideas then you’d need to probably use pieces from sets other than the Protectors. That’s a recommendation and you don’t need to follow it, but its just a way of helping. I’d also try and alter the description given there are some with a rivalry between Hero Factory and Bionicle - labelling the Kaita as being “fun for herofactory fans to get new combinations” might not be the best idea.

An example would be using some pieces to bulk-up the legs on the ‘Protector of Bravery’ given they seem a little thin compared to the ‘Protector of Friendship’

You’r right abaut that but if i named somthing kaita and didnt use the three correct sets the hardcore bionicle fans would probebly rip my head of.

i recognise this from somewhere…

oh wait https://ideas.lego.com/projects/97723

edit sorry didn’t realise you were the author of both topics/pages :confused: