Protector of Water's Gender Confirmed?!

Someone with the PoE should try and build that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

behold the fandom completely ignoring this for the sake of gender equality

6 Likes

Certainly. I’d like getting two launchers in a smaller set like this.

As Campbell’s would say, “M’mm, m’mm good…”

1 Like

but Galis a girl… and PoW combines with her… this is for kids right?

8 Likes

The dark secret of bionicle revealed…

3 Likes

noooooo!

1 Like

Hey you said it

1 Like

SHHHH!!

This is getting weird.

4 Likes

Think of this for a moment, what if Lego was using the term “his” as a way to express that it could be anyone and is using the possessive his instead of their. I see this happen when someone says something like “The mask gives him the power to control the elements.” The reason is may be used like this is because the possessive their is plural as to his or her is singular. And it never says it’s Gali’s protector, like on the tahu slide, rather it just makes a general assumption that you know what they are trying to say.

*I’m not saying that I discount the PoW as a male I just wanted to say that this could be read in a non-specific way, but it most likely isn’t. Just wanted to make a silly point.

6 Likes

yup, yup it is

1 Like

I highly doubt it. Lego seems to be making an effort to keep main points relatively similar to Bionicle, and i assume that includes Ga-matoran and toa being female. It’s probably just a mistake, in a copy-paste or such. After all , Onya?

3 Likes

I remember that some of the descriptions had aspects that were copied and pasted - so would wait for the update or for the information to change before jumping on it.

2 Likes

Shut up

That combiner is only a Toa with added protector weapons, last time I checked

2 Likes

Is it wrong that I do not really care?

2 Likes

Nope, it doesn’t really matter at all. If the protectors a dude that means they went away from only ga-characters begin female, so all villages have chicks. So really it’s fine either way to me at least.

3 Likes

Yes! and to a bunch of kids they must already think that it is a guy, so really why does it matter, sure I would like to have the tribes be multi-gendered, but this fandom tends to take it WAY too far.

2 Likes

Personally don’t mind whatever genders they are, there have been worse combiners in the past and these are only weapon sharing rather than sticking one onto the other like the Phantoka.

Just most Bionicle fans are used to 5 male characters and 1 female character in each group - and the protectors are a group so they are expecting one to be female. The most likely being the water protector due to the water characters normally being female.

1 Like

The Power-Ups are completely different from the “Super-Toa” that the article mentions. I guess the Tahu, Kopaka, & Onua combiners from LEGO Club are supposed to be the “Super-Toa” that are formed when those Toa combine with their Protectors. Personally, it doesn’t matter too much to me. We’ll finally get our answer when the books come out.

2 Likes