LEGO Prototypes Discussion

Do you have an English translation of the first one, for people who only know English and Klingon?

4 Likes

The first one with Lewa is cool

2 Likes

He’s talking in german, he’s saying that “lego is gonna make its first movie for the bionicle line, it’s gonna be a 70 minute, completely animated movie, where the bionicle figures are gonna have an epic adventure story. The six toa are going to fight with the evil Makuta and the 6 rahkshi. Also there are gonna be sets based off the movie”

3 Likes

Ohhhh…ok.

2 Likes

Concept art of the swamp-adapted (Mistika) Kaukau Nuva

17 Likes

They’re both horrible!!! WHAT WHERE THEY SMOKING WHEN THIS MISTAKE HAPPENED???

1 Like

It’s all part of the development process. Every creation goes through an “ugly phase” before reaching the final product.

5 Likes

Eh, there OK.
I wouldn’t personally want either on a Gali as the first one looks like Krekka if he was a Kanohi and the second has Elda-Mustache Syndrome.

I wouldn’t say horrible, they just don’t match your taste :wink: . Also, a smoking reference isn’t that necessary, especially in a LEGO/Bionicle topic.

9 Likes

Mistika never grew out of that ugly stage though…

1 Like

Doesn’t match MY taste? It doesn’t match the characters they are suppose to represent at all!!!

And this is coming from a long time fan, I’ve been a fan since 2001 and us long time fans who started in 2001 all seem to agree that the phantoka and mistika where TERRIBLE!!! I feel like I’m losing brain cells just looking at the sets and concepts from 2008! (not to mention, the worst experiences of my life happened it 2008 and I was 10 then!)

So? This has happened multiple times with a variety of times in Bionicle and HF. Does the Noble Huna look anything like its Great counter part? No and the fanbase isn’t ranting about that.

So, because you were a fan in '01, that gives you the right to say that the entirety of '08 was a piece of garbage? Just because you became a fan in its year of release doesn’t mean you have the authority to tell what years were good and bad. The Mistika and Phantoka had their faults, but not to a set-breaking fault. I personally like them.

You don’t need to insult those who actually enjoy the Mistika/Phantoka. It’s just, as stated before, a matter of opinion. You might not enjoy it, but please don’t try to anger anyone who did enjoy it.

Also, can you try to limit some of your backlash; you might hurt somebody in the fanbase’s feelings. :wink:

12 Likes

08 was bad for me and still is in my eyes because of horrible events that happened to me. such things I cannot even begin to vocalize, 08’s flaws just added to the strain and as thus I will NEVER see it as others, perhaps younger, perhaps older fans see it as.

There are may reasons why I hate 08

The builds

The Masks (mostly Kopaka, Tahu, Gali, and Lewa’s (though be it Lewa’s mask looked better than his nuva counterpart, plus it was sort of modeled after the noble one, and the noble mask to me can look like what ever compared to their counterparts))

That prototype Pohatu looks pretty menacing. Those blue pins…

This thing is the Kraatu. Apparently, its instructions appeared on the site in 2004, but it never saw the light of day.

15 Likes

Not to be rude or anything, but you shouldn’t attribute the flaws of a line based off your own personal events. It might have terrorized you for life, but it shouldn’t make your opinion.

@smugleafthesmug Correct me if I’m wrong, but does Pohatu have a cannon sticking out of his chest? That is strangely awesome. :smile:

7 Likes

Pohatu’s build should have been given to Onua (though not the finalized mask)

While where on the topic of builds I think that

Tahu should have gotten Lewa’s build

Gali should have gotten Onua’s build

Lewa should have gotten Tahu’s build

Pohatu should have gotten Gali’ build

Onua should have gotten Pohatu’s build

and Kopaka’s build was fine, but his lens sould have been on the other side.

5 Likes

No, he’s just holding the cannon near his chest.

Oh… [Hype decreased]

[quote=“Rockho, post:241, topic:768”]
Concept art of the swamp-adapted (Mistika) Kaukau Nuva
[/quote]Looks awesome
however it’d look horrible on Gali

And that mask of life is cool,too.

3 Likes

It seems to be attached to a metrutoran foot by a metrutoran limb.

He can’t be holding the gun since his other hand is holding a propeller.

So, @PluralLego, you can remain hyped.

9 Likes

Bionicle’s Warpath could be a thing :smiley:! But… These… are only… Prototypes… Oh. :cry:

4 Likes