LEGO Prototypes Discussion

Gee, these look ugly.

The Kopaka and Skull Basher prototypes are the best. I’d rather have the Prototype Skull Basher than the one we have now. He looks so cool :’(

Some 2012 Ninjago Prototypes

9 Likes

Man, these look rad as hell! Especially Core Hunter. I guess they thought the decapitated heads of the Heroes was too violent :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, RIP Meltdown

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the heck is going on, on the back of his legs.

HERO CUFF LAUNCHER

As if electricity spouting everywhere and giant blasters weren’t enough to warn you that he’s dangerous, he’s got a neat chest printing. Also, that split clip add-on would’ve been a neat piece

Lehvak-Kal shield returns! Those are some interesting new arm attachments. The forearms seem to be either hinged or ratcheted (or be fixed like Av-Matoran), reminiscent of actual robotic construction arms which suits XT4’s industrial bot vibe. Were probably removed due to molding issues/cost. Also, that crotch plate looks like it would fall off easily.

Stringer’s guitar gun looks horribad (why is there a Mata foot behind the shield?!) But it looks like they remoulded the top of the blaster to look more like Stringer’s original sound blaster. Also, bulkier chest add-on.

Holy jesus…

what is that?..

What the heck is that?!

It looks awesome! Also, return of black Kopaka swords for the handle ends if you look closely :stuck_out_tongue:

Aaand trans purple was already being made two years early.

I know @Mesonak loves prototypes (and lost many saved images when Majhost went down) so I shall summon him

7 Likes

I’ve seen those before and have them saved to my computer, in fact, but thanks for the summon anyways. :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re pretty crazy.

-Mesonak

4 Likes

IKR

Some of these don’t even resemble the final products! It’s a wonder how Lego cataloged these prototypes so early in development…

Are there any other saved images of HF prototypes that haven’t been seen that you’d be willing to share here?

2 Likes

You know what I hate with prototypes? When they have parts that are really cool that don’t show up on the actual set, or ever ;-;

3 Likes

Concept comics for the Toa Mahri

http://vk.com/bionicle

15 Likes

.>comic sans

Nope

4 Likes

Did Nuparu just marathon all 7 Star Wars films before arriving?

2 Likes

i thought you were talking about me for a second

kongu was going to be the main character?
that changes everything

2 Likes

Genius. Market the worst set as the most important character in the story. That way, people will overlook his flaws and buy him for story significance instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, Hewkii was much worse. Lack of hand, ugly mask, and whatnot definitely makes him the lesser toa.

1 Like

:cry:

2 Likes

You should watch your mouth, meatbag.

5 Likes

But it’s trueeeeeeeeee… ;-;

I know that sounds like a cat poster, but it’s true.

3 Likes

Notice very slight differences including Tahu using Kohrok’s saw shield, Nektann (who I thought couldn’t look any uglier) using Vezok’s spear, and Gresh having trans orange eyes

We need to find this guys!

12 Likes

I dunno hell is pretty interesting not bland at all

7 Likes