Queen of the Jungle Protectors

usually a rule of thumb, try to avoid the nuva boobs, but other than that the moc is pretty cool, I like the extra arms and the weapons she has :smile:

Is that really a rule of thumb? Why so? I see them used on female MOCs on Flickr all the time. This board is the first I’ve seen such a negative response to this design. Must be a reason for it.

1 Like

Well, if they’re on a more solid moc that seems to be big enough and has the proportions of a human, then I would have no problem with the nuva boobs. However, here they don’t help shaping and generally aren’t well placed.

2 Likes

pfffttt

you should’ve read the old topics, this is like an old dead thing people usually either avoid or use to much success depending upon their skill, but mainly it’s an unpopular design unless used right

3 Likes

Why is it unpopular though? That’s my real question. Because I feel like it actually looks good. So the hate against it doesn’t make sense.

It’s over sexualizing
It’s overused

Main reasons it gets the hate.

There are tons of other ways to make a MOC look fememine without making the breasts HUGE. This one in particular looks extremely awkward due to the shaping.

2 Likes

I’d love to know how to convey feminity in a build. Got any protips?

make the moc feel slender and have curves without the nuvaboobs

1 Like

The usage of the original Nuva chest-plate is a great way to convey “curves” without, y’know, putting Nuva boobs on 'em. I do agree that by now the hate is almost undeserved for those MOCers who are only following the tropes they’ve seen online, but seriously, don’t use Nuva armor or Rahkshi heads (Or Hahli heads or… you get the idea) as breasts on your femmes. It gets flack.
(See guys? I don’t hate the haters. I just tell them to back off. :blush: )

Femininity is better conveyed by adjusting the proportions of the shoulders and hips. For male characters the shoulders should definitely be wider than the hips. For females, about equal widths or maybe even slightly wider hips is better. That way, the MOC can look feminine even without any sort of breast parts at all.

3 Likes

I love the wildlife growing off of her

1 Like

I got to say this looks pretty great.
Though the chest looks disturbing.