Question about Lewa and treespeak

I understand that this may be a subject matter you aren’t well acquainted with, dealing mostly with the writings of Cathy Hapka and… someone, however I was curious as to your insights.

As we know from BIONICLE Legends 10: Swamp of Secrets, Lewa did not use treespeak from the time he was created to the time he arrived on the island of Mata Nui. After becoming acquainted with the Le-Koro tribe he ended up using it for the remainder of his adventures.

However, his appearance in BIONICLE Chronicles 1: Tale of the Toa does not begin at his canister, and instead after he had rebuilt himself and proceeded into the nearby jungle. When we see him here he is using treespeak despite being by himself.

Now, I am aware of a promotional comic titles Legend of Lewa which was released in the LEGO Adventures! Magazine. I’m not sure who wrote it or if you had any hand in it, however it depicts a scenario where Lewa is immediately confronted by Kongu. This is his first contact in 1000 years, and Kongu of course speaks treespeak.

Do you believe this is somewhat of a possibility to explain what might be a slight inaccuracy, or simply an understandable disconnect between the first two appearances and the circumstances surrounding Lewa’s speech?

Thank you for reading!

9 Likes