Question concerning the GSR's height?

I have a quick question that came up on a Discord server. I apologize if it’s already been answered, I tried to read through everything to make sure before I asked. The stated height of the GSR on the Bionicle wiki is 40,000,000 ft, a bit shorter than the size of the Earth; this measurement comes from Reign of Shadows. However, when one of our members calculated the height of the GSR using the map of the islands and the known size of Metru Nui, it came out to about a quarter of that size. This matched up pretty well with the Mata Nui Earth Run animation, and was again based on Metru Nui’s size. One player suggested the MU was built to fit inside the Bara Magna robot and was just placed inside the final GSR, which explains why the map is the size it is (it even matches well with the size of the GSR’s torso) but doesn’t account for what we see in the Mata Nui Earth Run animation. (Granted I’m not sure at this moment if that animation is even canon.) This idea continues to gain evidence, at least in our minds: when we matched the island map up to the size of the Bara Magna robot on the Faber Files GSR height comparison, it does fit within the GSR’s torso and head.

But this is all speculation, and we want to hear what you and the BIONICLE team had designed. In short, how tall is the GSR? Thank you for everything you do for this community!

9 Likes

did you mean how short is the GSR?

2 Likes

Whatever floats your boat

1 Like