Question for the Fandom: What if the Bohrok switched Krana?

A little while ago I saw a what if the Rahkshi switched Kraata topic, and I wondered what would happen if the Bohrok had the wrong krana. What if a Tahnok had a Kohrak Krana, or a Levahk had a Pahrak-Kal Krana or some such?

I’m not exactly sure what would happen. What do you think?

Wouldn’t it just shut down while changing it

3 Likes

I don’t know. Is there some kind of interface that prevents anything but the right Krana from using it? Or is it more like driving a car?

1 Like

My understanding is that they shut down after removing their krana. I could be incorrect.

In the bionicle bohrok commercial the bohrok falls over after ejection.

( Have you ever noticed that tahus mask is yellow in that commercial)

2 Likes

Definitely noticed Tahu’s mask. I think they used Jala’s for it.

But when the wrong Krana was put back in, would the Bohrok be able to function?

2 Likes

Oh no yeah probably. They just need a bohrok va to hobble over and give them a new one. Perhaps if the wrong bohrok va went up to the wrong kranaless bohrok this would happen. I assume they would just get the kranas powers and keep their appearence

2 Likes

Yes. Okay, thank you.

1 Like

I see the Bohrok as being designed for Maximum efficiency, like a Mass Produced Car of sorts. Just plug in the correct part, regardless of actual performance specs and it will run.

3 Likes

As far as I understand, the average Bohrok switches Krana regularly, in fact that’s what the Bohrak-Va are mainly used for (ferrying krana between Bohrok to suit them for their situations).

As for the Kal, I’d assume that they would be in control of the body but not necessarily in tune with it’s powers.

2 Likes

I know this. What I’m wondering is if a Tahnok Va hobbled (@RogueToa),over to a Kohrak and stuck the Tahnok krana in the Kohrak, would the Kohrak work?

1 Like

I think Umbra put it well.

2 Likes

I think the Bohrok shell would simply remain dormant, with the mismatched Krana unable to boot it up.

Each Bohrok type has its own distinct temperament and behavior. Since Krana are the “brains” of the Bohrok, I’d wager they are the source of the breed’s personality. To maintain behavioral cohesion in breeds they’d need the correct Krana providing the correct personality. So it would be counterproductive for them to be able to mix and match like that.

The same would apply to the Bohrok Kal.

1 Like

Changed category.

~Chronicler

1 Like

I’d imagine the Krana changes color depending on the breed of Bohrok is currently is, or if fired, last was in.

1 Like

For the Hau, they used Jala’s Hau as a placeholder for the golden one at the time, if my understanding is correct.