R.O.A. Suit

It’s not my moc by the way.

Anyways, the difference is that Ronin is a very small part of the mech. This is less of a mech and more of a realistic exo suit.

I looked at my old post. Never said it was, by the way

Yeah well considering that the character is not named in the original post he must play a very small part in the mech as well, at least Ronin made his mech…

I really don’t like this argument it’s just a way to narrow down something in an unnecessary way. I have a museum near by and one time my uncle told me a saying “Not all salamanders are newts, but all newts are salamanders” All Exo-suits are in the broader class of “mech vehicles”. Thus when I say it’s a mech I say that because he is.
Another reason I called it a mech was well percentages, I did that because I’m trying to be nice and I didn’t want to make Constraction_Deva upset. It’s like if a police officer asked you what race the suspect of a crime was and you say asian he replies “Can you be more specific.” Now the most logical way of answering this question is well Chinese. This is because of all the asian countries China has the largest population and thus the suspect is most likely a Chinese man. Kahi and statistics back me on this.

Ah, could’ve sworn you said your moc. Sorry

I’m not talking in terms of story, more so appearance. Ronin is inside his mech and taking him out would not really detract from the mech. If you took the pilot away from this moc it takes quite a bit away.

True, Exo suits fall under the umbrella of mecha, but I don’t believe it’s too unnecessary. It’s way of making sure people know what it is and assume it’s something else. Like how if I say car people will assume a sterotypical grey honda, but if I say a Porsche they will assume a fancy racecar. Both cars, but entirely different.

Not to mention Constraction_Deva called it an exoskeleton in his original post…

1 Like

Just to clear up some stuff:

Going to have to side with @Omega_Tahu on this one, I did state in my OP that it’s just an exo-suit and not a mech.
The little yellow and black dude that is pictured in the image I provided later is just a tablescrap I made to show how the suit works. The actual character can be viewed on my Flickr.
Imgur

This is solely the case for aesthetic purposes as well as functionality, the entire torso section is actually very articulate.

1 Like

Thanks, I like people who acknowledge their mistakes. (Unlike some People I know, Uknon Paricha take note!)[quote=“Omega_Tahu, post:23, topic:36786”]
I’m not talking in terms of story, more so appearance.
[/quote]

I agree, that was my whole argument :confused: ? I just said that if I was to criticize each of them independently of their riders, the the excuse that you should judge it with a second M.O.C. is invalid

And should I not criticize him for it’s flaws?

If I say a suspect, is Chinese that will help a lot more than if I just say Asian. Be that as you may, just saying asian can easily eliminate a lot of suspects,(unless your in china itself, in which case then, thanks sherlock).

Yes but it is also a way of starting unnecessary confusion and anger. Let me give an example, If I tell the police that the guy was Chinese, and then another witness says I’m racist because I assumed he was Chinese. I would then tell the guy the statistics, but he kept on being a jerk saying I should have been more broad. You know? That has happened to me in real-life by the way.

How do you know that? When Me and my mom hear the word car we think of a blue Honda . See your argument’s first part in flawed because it assumes we all agree with you and don’t have a different point of view on said M.O.C.
The second part is also flawed because not all Porsche are expensive fancy race cars. They also make trucks. So saying Porsche is a fancy race-car is also inaccurate[quote=“Omega_Tahu, post:23, topic:36786”]
Not to mention Constraction_Deva called it an exoskeleton in his original post
[/quote]

So which is is than exoskeleton or ex-suit, they are not the same thing.

Hey DarkMaster. Please refrain from cursing on the site. It’s against the rules. Also, we don’t need your hostilities here. If you’re going to be hostile, don’t do it on this site.

Thanks for complying.

The thing is that isn’t a flaw. It’s meant to be used by a pilot. It’s like me building a sword and then somebody asking how is it supposed to fight on it’s own.[quote=“eryhehweh, post:25, topic:36786”]
If I say a suspect, is Chinese that will help a lot more than if I just say Asian. Be that as you may, just saying asian can easily eliminate a lot of suspects,(unless your in china itself, in which case then, thanks sherlock).
[/quote]

Exactly.

I doubt anybody will really get angry that someone called their lego exo suit a lego mecha.

You’re missing the point. Of course people will have different assumptions, but by saying porsche instead of car people are more likely to assume a fancy car than a standard street car.

In this context they are essentially the same thing.

Good to know Elljay always follows the rules, oh wait…

I wasn’t being hostile or at least in the my Eye, I was merely engaging in freedom of discussion. Or is that a problem? If you want to get angry at someone for being aggressively confrontational get angry at Omega_Tahu he was the one who started this when he responded to my fair and valid criticisms of The MECH, furthermore I did not cuss I merely use a meme to help save on space and memory on this board, something I think Kahi would be happy with.[quote=“Chronicler, post:27, topic:36786”]
Thanks for complying.
[/quote]
Of course comrade, Chronicler.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure gifs take up more memory then a short sentence.

1 Like

But it is a flaw. Iron man’s hulk buster Exo-suit doesn’t have two large holes because his armor needs a pilot.[quote=“Omega_Tahu, post:28, topic:36786”]
I doubt anybody will really get angry that someone called their lego exo suit a lego mecha.
[/quote]
You would be surprised at what triggers people,(like bad words and Chronicler).

No I was merely pointing out a flaw in your logic there buddy, why are you being so aggressive.

No They are not. An exoskeleton and an Exo-suit are as much the same as mechs and Exo-suits.

I am not really good with computers so I wouldn’t know that.

Aslo I want to apologize to Chronicler for cursing, I was in a rush and couldn’t write a lengthy paragraph to explain to Omega_Tahu why it was a bad argument. Keep this in mind my friend I would never report you for anything you did on this site, because unlike some people I believe the the right to open discussion. It would be courteous if you did the same, but I know you don’t care about courtesy or freedom of discussion when it comes to people who accidentally break the rules.

That’s a suit of armor though, this is closer to the Alien Lifter or a real life Exo Suit. Alone it looks less than stellar, but it’s not supposed to be alone.

True, doesn’t mean it’s reasonable to be triggered though.

It was a minor flaw that really didn’t change the point all too much.

How? I always though they’re pretty much the same thing in terms of mecha.

Jokes on you. Staff are allowed to break the rules. But maybe you’d know that if you actually took the time to read them?

So pretty much implying people are morons is not being hostile? Right.

Actually images take up MORE space than text on the boards since images have more data, and we particularly don’t want memes on here. So please, keep with the text.

3 Likes

By that logic its okay for a cop to rob a bank.

2 Likes

Well it’s in our rules, and we expect our users to follow them.

Now if you want to, move this to a PM because this is getting off topic.

3 Likes

Like I stated in my original post and the response afterwards that from what I can tell @Omega_Tahu actually read, this is in fact an exoskeleton and not armor.

Dude, rules aren’t the only thing people should read, they should also read MOC descriptions too!
:joy:

1 Like

I never said it was armor, that was not my Argument, my argument was that an Exo-suit is a type of mech, and so is mechanized armour.

Wow that thats very condescending, also I did read your original post, why don’t you try attacking my arguments and not my person, that’s against the rules, that I read.

I thought it was the moc should be judged alone.

1 Like

This MOC should be judged as what its trying to be, an exoskeleton, not what it isn’t, eg armour. As that, it looks great, minus the large thighs imo. I don’t get why its a problem that it looks a bit empty without the other moc inside, since a skeleton isn’t very bulky and armoured, so an exoskeleton shouldn’t need to be either

Wait wut?

1 Like

Dude, I didn’t even mention your name, I was speaking in generalities.

1 Like

I’m close to shutting down this topic. If you people keep up the hostilities I will shut this down.