Rage build No.2: Velike, ‘Va’-toran, member of the ‘Cult’ of Time’s honour guards

Yeah, so had a bad week and started making like a stress/rage moc per day to upload, but due to my own laziness/love of writing out a backstory and such for everything I only really got one up (Cryptid for those who’re wondering).

So i decided to force myself to actually get around to it! Now here they come, and all uploaded in order of who’s description/backstory I finish up first! (I mean, I made this guy like yesterday so he’s like the 5th or 6th in truth, but, eh, laziness.)

========

So here’s this guy, gonna call him Velike, an honour guard for the ‘cult’ of time (explained below).

Closeup of torsobuild/arm connection:

Other than that don’t really have much of a backstory for him, he’s like a true rage moc for me.
Had figured out his torso design on accident a little while back while trying to make another (unoploaded) moc and this guy emerged from it.

So I was just messing around and I realized that his chest armour could be angles side to side, that combined with his coloration (and how easily I could position his hands in praying position) I got this crazy idea in my he’s dthat he had some kind of connection to the Vahi, and as I got farther into the idea it developed into this thought that perhaps it was some type of belief/religious thing, the guy having gone so far as to modify his armour to work like that.

And from that emerged the ‘cult’ of time (cult in terms of a ceremonies, a religion that goes against the great-beings/spirit/Mata-nui’s and a couple of odd beliefs held by some members). A religion that basically worships time, and subsequently from that, the Vahi, a literal vessel of/connection to time.

So yeah, I can’t really remember but I’m pretty certain the Vahi was never destroyed but lost right? Or was it kept by Vakama? I kinda forget…
But if it was lost then I’m thinking perhaps it somehow ended up in the sea and then washed up on some other island, still damaged of course, but somehow in its travels it’s power leakage stabilized, slowing down time in a certain area around it, so like a day in said area’d be like a week outside of it. So whenever the matoran villagers of the island witnessed its power they started to believe it to be some kind of gift from the gods/related, the relative isolation of their island, only knowing of myths/tales told by travels, making it so that while they had heard of the Vahi they hadn’t fully realized it wasn’t just a mask and believed it to be some kind of sentient object/godly gift, which of only one existed, and that was passed on to those who were worthy/whatever.
So when they found it and saw its ‘sentient’ gift of power they believed the mask had come to them to protect and worship until a worthy one was chosen for it, using their myths and stories having already formed a slight religion around it which only grew as they kept the mask.
Eventually their original beliefs of keeping the mask for a ‘chosen’ one were forgotten the longer they waited for said chosen’ one to appear and as they grew to understand more of the mask, even figuring out how to cause their belief to allow for it to change its effects over time to the opposite of its normal state when in times of need.
Eventually even changing to a literal belief that they were the chosen ones, the mask, now a deity of sorts, come to them for their protection, their beliefs ever increasing and their ‘cult’ growing as talk and rumours grew of the island, other matoran and toa from semi-isolated lands also starting to believe in the religion and heading to island to join.
All were welcomed with open arms and while quite a few members do believe that their worship of the mask shall cause for it to gift them with eternal life many of them are actually quite peaceful and happy to worship it and follow the rules set up, the religion itself being quite fair and really only asking for set times/amounts of prayer and worship, gifts actually being given to the mask and left around it, from gems to other items, all preserved through it’s powers.

This is not ti say that they’re pushovers, they will defend their island and ‘god’ with all their might, using the masks gifts to provide for weeks worth of weapon building, planning and other war related things, by reversing its effects for as long as needed and will hunt down any who attempt to steal the mask with great vehemence, and they will catch them, no matter how long it takes, and bring down punishments as cruel as they can do dependent on their crimes.

Of course if I’m wrong about that mask being lost then there are other ways for it to work.
For those of you who’ve had an interest in stuff I’ve done/written and payed attention to all of my guys backstories (and the scrap lands post) you’ll have realized the AU-world I made for all of my Mocs contains a whole lore more islands than the actual canon world, both allowing for me to dedicate an entire island to this ‘cult’ and meaning that other Vahi’s could’ve been made.
I mean the great disks where made by like ancient master crafter are before being scattered around Metru-nui right? And they were forgeable, it’s just that no one knew how, so who says there weren’t other master crafters/forgers who discovered the design and made more? And who says that someone’s else didn’t use these disks and made another Vahi/s then one broke and ended up on the island? Because there is definetly other mask forgers in my world.

=======

So yeah, that’s about it, basics for the cult are get a couple armour modifications to symbolize time in some way and maybe also some colour change s to more match up with the Vahi and show their dedication to their ‘deity’.

So what do you think? Is it any good? Should I develop this some more? Leave it as it is? Just forget about it?
Up to all o’ you, ima just leave you off with some pose&quotes while I write up some more backstory stuff for the other rage mocs.
So be seein’ ya!

Pose&quotes

“Welcome visitors. We are glad to have you visting our island. I am Velike, honour guard. Tell me, have you come to join in worship of time?”

“Oh great Vahi! I offer unto you this worship and offering of my time! May you accept as much of it as you wish!”

“Halt! You shall go no further enemy of time and attempted thief of it’s vessel! For I am Velike! One of the honours guards chosen! And we shall allow your progression no further!”

12 Likes

He’s kinda cute

1 Like

Ey, Thanks! Glad you like him!

Perhaps I should let myself get to such levels of rage/stress more often… I apparently get really active when at them…

According to G1’s canon, the Vahi was stolen from the Coliseum, and is currently in the possession of Voporak.
So it’s fairly likely that the Dark Hunters have it.

Ah, thanks.
Welp! Looks like it’s time to start throwing my AU powers about.
Tell me, is it known how the great disks were made and are they forge-able but just no one knows how/a toa has to/something like that?

… Also didn’y Teridax and Vakama form a temporary alliance to stop Voporak and The Shadowed One which resulted in nearly killing The Shadowed One or something like that? Coulda sworn he didn’t get it… Ima go read his bio-wiki article…

Edit: Ok So he did get it and still currently has it, but it appears the Dark Hunters didn’t get it because Voporak evacuated the Matoran universe and is currently somewhere on Spherus magnus with it.

I’m assuming that they were pretty much made the same way all disks were; the only listed distinction between them is that the Great Disks were specifically forged by Artakha, so the heightened power levels and potential to merge into the Disk of Time might’ve been a result of the Mask of Creation or his superior craftsmanship.
Voporak is also mentioned to be extremely loyal to the Dark Hunters, though, so it’s fairly likely that they reunited at some point and he’s simply guarding it for them.

Perhaps, perhaps, if the group is still going that is.

As for the disks, ah-ha! That means there could be more! Either from Artahka (Seeing as how my au has like way more islands and what not then canon) or a matoran crafter/s who basically spent their entire lives training to reach that level.

Supposedly, The Shadowed One was last seen building an army consisting of the remaining Dark Hunters, Bone Hunters, and Skrall.
Possibly the Barraki as well (minus Takadox and Carapar, of course), due to their previous alliance formed on Xia.

Ah… well that sounds fun… Now I’m going to have to do more research on them and throw them into my story if I ever get around to it… ARGGHHHH! I mean, its awesome,but still! ARRGGGHH!

@KAI_BORG, I think I’ll use this torso design for a new MOC.

1 Like

Ey! Go for it, 'cause it sounds awesome mate!

1 Like

Oh gosh the arms.

1 Like

Hehehe… hooo… yeah.

1 Like