Reawakening: An Okoto Mafia Serial

Nice. :laughing:

3 Likes

Tuesday, Day 4

To lift everyone’s spirits, Kivoda decided it would be best to host a feast. It would also be a way for him to see everyone’s interactions, and make sure everyone stayed together. There was everything from Kane-Ra Prime-Rib to Fried Gukko, and a lot of orange juice, that strangely tasted like copper. There was supposed to be pie, but Takua stole them all.

TheRed1s was on his way back to his tent from the party, when he slipped and fell. A muffled cha-chink was the last thing he heard.

When the villagers awoke to find Red out in the middle of the street, they assumed it was in a valiant effort to defend the innocent. He surely couldn’t have lied about being the defender, right?

As they moved Red’s body out to the gravesite where they had buried the others, they saw something terrible. The grave of Middlefingerstudios had been desecrated with gallons of orange blood. The villagers all frantically looked around to see who was missing, then all went rushing back to the tents.

They finally found the body of that night’s true victim when they searched Oonie’s tent and found his pale dead body, drained of all blood and color. Carved into his head was the message “Praise Solek.”

And so, the next list of murder suspects came out, this time for the killing of the guy that’s just sort of been there and nobody acknowledged unless they said something.

“T’was Hawkflight! He was not at the party last night for a majority of the time. That, or he was just that quiet.”

“I say it was Waj, there’s been something fishy with him ever since his first accusation. On top of that, he didn’t drink any of the orange juice last nigh- OH MY GOSH!”

With that, many of the villagers retreated for a minute to release their opinion on the revelation.

“Kopeke may have reported Oonie missing, but didn’t act like anything was wrong…”

“It was Takua! He was pissed at Oonie the other night for stealing the punchline of one of his jokes!”

“But Oonie barely talked, ever.”

“I can vouch. That derp-block certainly knows how to make the most out of speaking the least.”

The villagers dispersed, and the cycle begins again. This time, with more information to go off of, there was much more chatter, and people were back on the speculation grind.

“I think it’s Hawkflight, because I’m pretty sure Takua is innocent, because he was the in the first night, and Waj was two nights ago, right? And I’m innocent so it must be Hawk.” says a skeptical Kopeke.

The spirit of Oonie dropped by, and was utterly confused by the idea that his blood was orange for some reason. All he could say was “What’s a Solek? I thought we were fighting Skull Cultists?”

An anachronistic Vyran ran into the middle of town at one point yelling out “helryx is the only one without a capital letter in their name. BURN THE HERETIC!”

“They already dead, bro.”

Takua and Waj were highlighted for being suspects on previous days. Hawkflight seemed to be the logical decision, despite his quiet nature, but Kopeke was unfortunately cursed with the suspect’s bargaining. He went around trying to convince others he was innocent, but only sparked more suspicion that he was the killer.

“If I was mafia and Ranaki killed me off that would have made an imbalance and I like to be fair so I would’ve gotten really ticked if he did that,( I also wouldn’t like being killed off.)” says Kopeke.

“Clearly you have not learned the first lesson of mafia: fair isn’t a word.” Rac responds.

In the distance, some disembodied voice similar to Oonie’s says: “Fair? Fair isn’t a word where I come from!”
“Its fear, dude.”

At one point it seemed like there might have been a complete divide between the prime suspects Kopeke and Hawkflight. Of course, this made everyone fear another double kill.

Some people based their opinion on past votes, others continued to look into the evidence, and some simply sat back to closely observe the slowly developing chaos in the village. They had ruled out Waj because of Pekekoa’s conviction beforehand, and his claimed squishiness.

By this point, it was pretty clear Kopeke would be the one to bite it this time. Hawkflight was still high in votes, but in the end, he would live to see another day.

“Hey Ranaki, when I die tonight, can you please make my last words “You are all really bad at this and I am glad I don’t have to watch this torture anymore.” You will probably make it something else but that would be my preference. Thanks.” ~ Kopeke_Nuva’s last words before being strung up by his thumbs and being hit like a pi­­­ńata until death.

The deed was done, but the terror was not. The ghost of Oonie simply shook his head. Everyone still alive could tell that they had made a grave mistake. Another innocent had fallen.

to be continued…

9 Likes

It’s stuff like this that tempt me into joint a mafia game. Great work.

2 Likes

Man, this is really great, @Oonie! :smile:

It’s pretty cool to see how you recap the events of the game. It’s really interesting to see what posts you choose for the dialogue, and how you fit them into a coherent plot. You really captured how the game preys on people’s paranoia, and the serial is all the more compelling for it. Again, fantastic work :smiley:.

2 Likes

Wednesday, Day 5

Over the past few days the memorial statue had been finished, and erected in the middle of the gravesites. It depicted a Villager with a cracked mask stepping on a Skull mask while lifting his sword up high. It would have been a great moral boost to wake up and see the statue if it didn’t have the body of Plural impaled on the sword. The symbol of the Skull Cultists was also painted on the statutes forehead in blood. Middlefingerstudios was also found hanging upside down from a tall pole in the middle of the encampment.

“I just can’t catch a break… could you guys like leave my body alone for the love of god, it’s getting annoying.” A quite annoyed spirit of Middlefingerstudios says.

“I saw Hewks in Plural’s tent last night. I think he said something about revealing the cultists. He could be the killer.”

“Vyran was talking about Middlefinger last night, perhaps he participated in the grave sacking.”

“The EvilLobsterKing insisted that the Villager statue should have been holding a weapon of some kind, preferably something sharp and pointy!”

“TBT_Emerald said the statue might be offensive to future generations, and wasn’t worth the effort, since their grandchildren will just tear it down anyway.”

“So many options…so many good options…”Ekorak remarks. Of course, this unintentionally drew attention to himself, but at this point, everyone was hot on their toes about the final Skull cultists still at large. With only half of them gone, and almost half of the villagers themselves gone as well, things were sure to heat up soon.

Rac points out a very true fact from the past. “You guys are missing something important: of all the suspects, only EvilLobsterKing has never voted for a mafian, despite voting all four times. He has vote-killed three innocents.”

This revelation was found very convincing to most of the villagers, and right off the bat it seemed like the ruler of red crustaceans would be the one to die tonight.

However, one quote from Voriki brings up a hasty proposal. “let’s just have the votes balance out and have everyone be killed.”

This idea, while a risky one, did pique others’ interest. With just enough numbers, a three-for-one sacrifice might not be such a bad idea. However, everyone was pretty hell-bent on just one execution. The rest of the day was pretty mellow, aside from the fact almost everyone was set on voting off EvilLobsterKing.

“Listen guys, I’m not guilty…” The Lobster pleads in a final effort to convince others of his innocence.” But alas, it wasn’t enough to deter his fate.

If the villagers weren’t full from the feast last night, they were after their dinner of boiled lobster. Nobody felt regretful, since he announced that he was, in fact, a Cultist before he stabbed himself through the abdomen and then lurched forward into the pot of water.

Yum, rey langosta malvado, delicioso.

to be continued…

2 Likes

Thursday, Day 6

Kivoda had left for important business in the middle of the night, but not before stumbling upon a freshly killed Rac, done in by the assumed vigilante’s elemental blaster. In addition, Takua, who had seemingly been gnawed on by multiple Skull Spiders before being left for dead by cultists at the edge of the encampment. The protector proceeded to leave a quick note addressing the situation, along with a list of suspects he himself knew were out and about at the time of the killing. Little did he know, this would begin the end of the event.

“Booster_Gold”

“MavezIgnikari”

“Helryx08”

“Marendex_T17”

One of the four was the last remaining cultist. This, of course, prompted the idea once again that executing all four would indefinitely win the day. However, nobody on the list was fully willing to die for the cause. So, speculation continued, on perhaps the last day under the cultist’s reign of terror.

On top of that, the villagers soon realized Hawkflight had really been a ghost (and a cultist at that) since the day before. Somehow he was able to defy the spirits and made it seem like he was still alive.

This one was pretty up in the air, since nobody else had a clue of evidence to go upon. Logic and looking to the past pointed towards Mavez and Helryx being the prime suspects, deducing that Booster and Marendex were previously accused, but the true killers were found out. It had dropped into a state of making bets and sitting and waiting for the time to come, as there were so few villagers around now. The original residence had been cut in half, and it was starting to look desolate.

By the afternoon, everyone in the immediate vicinity had pretty much settled on executing all of the suspects. With minimal convicting evidence, it was time to end this once and for all. Everyone knew it was coming, and even those on trial were done with the bargaining. Helryx thought the whole thing was stupid, and left the village before anyone could do anything.

So in the end, Kivoda returned to find the three other culprits strung up. The last Skull cultist was revealed to be Marendex after all, Booster and Mavez were sacrificed. One final memorial was held for all the lives that were lost over the course of the past few days, and after that, peace returned to the now much smaller and divided village.

Kivoda sent a message warning other villages of the Skull Cultists, in hopes that they would not fall to the terror that was faced here. Perhaps such an event would never happen again after this, but perhaps it could…

The End.

8 Likes

Interesting. Quite a good chronicle of the game!