REBOOT: Hydruka

In depths far off from the coast of Okoto, a lonely undersea village called Mahri is home to the Hydruka. Their masters, a long-lost tribe of amphibious Okotans, use the Hydruka to harvest undersea crops for sustenance. Hydruka, with their sharp fangs and tail-mounted Wake Shooters, are deceptively docile, but easy to disgruntle.

62 Likes

Brilliant!

1 Like

As official sets, I found the Hydruka rather hit or miss, but something about your recreation of them just does them a lot of justice. I feel that the lower jaw is greater integrated than that claw piece the original two had which felt tacked on.

2 Likes

As a person who started Bionicle with the Mahri and enjoyed Mahri Nui’s story and culture, this is fantastic!

1 Like

This is an awesome ‘reboot’ of the Hydruka, and far better than the original set.
Well done.

1 Like

One of my favorite sets rebooted to perfection.

1 Like

Fantastic job! It really captures the look of the original Hydruka.

1 Like

Finally, you fixed the god-awful jaw… The limbs are also really appreciated.

1 Like

Amazing
The jaw is a great improvement, and the legs are done really well! The Chima zamor sphere looks a lot like an air bubble.

1 Like

Why do you always spoiler-blur one random picture on your topics?

Also, the lower jaw kinda breaks the color scheme. I’d suggest using red mifigarms instead, or perhaps Dark blue, silver, or white. Say, how goes the carving? And the brown Hydruka needs more brown at the back, and same issue with the jaw colors. Also, the tail spike is a little bothersome, because it means he can sting his own back trying to aim his tail downward.

~W12~

1 Like

This definitely is a huge improvement on the old hydruka.

Would have been nice to see Thulox as well, but I know there wouldn’t have been much different between the two of them

1 Like

They’re not random images, they’re the pictures of the internals.

1 Like

hey Logan, are you also going to “reboot” any other set from that year? any other toa mahri, the titans or the matoran?