Red Vs. Blue: A Fool's War

“Dude, just take the helmet off, they never got that filtration system right…” Claude says taking off his helmet, revealing a young looking face with dirty blond shaggy hair and a skate along his left eye. He picks up a spoon and starts to eat.

“I… I don’t like to show my face to others.” Zed stammered out nervously. “I-it’s for the best anyways.”

“Can’t be worse than some I’ve seen.” Claude says.

“I-it’s not that… it just tends to bring up… questions.” he said sadly. “I-i’ll take it off if you, if you don’t freak out.”

“Sure.” Claude says nonchalantly

The pelican left communication range as it left blood gulch

Sec is napping by his rock.

“O-ok.” Zed said nervously, pulling it off slowly, as he did it revealed a mop of slightly curly dark brown, nearly black hair, pale, almost grey, toned skin, but that could just be blamed on the lighting… probably, covered in scars, most of it really, and quite a lot of them were too straight and even to have come from combat, the most prominent being along the center of his lower jaw, stretching down close to his throat, a blazing, robotic, purple eye, the other nearly ruby red, the pupils partially Jackal shaped (Pretty sure they have a different shape) and also fangs as he gave him a weak smile, his eyes shifting to the side nervously.

OOC: His radio is extremely high powered, comes from working for both sides and his own modifications, so you have a good chance of picking it up.

1 Like

“Wow, is that a robotic eye?” Claude asks interested as he studies the face.

Zed seemed surprised at his reaction, visibly stunned before smiling brightly, chuckling happily, replying “Yeah, had a bit of an accident once, needed it replaced, got lucky enough to get selected to test some experimental tech, it was one of em.”

“Nice, so what’s up with the scars? I find a good scar is acompanined by a story.” Claude says smiling.

“Ah, those, couple of lucky, well unlucky, grenade hits, couple a barely missed bullets.” He said indicating a few, the grenade ones being large, semi circular shaped scars. “Been in quite a few battles before coming here. the rest are either from interrogation techniques or… something I’d rather not talk about, it’s why my eyes and everything else is so… different.”

“Cool, sounds interesting.” Claude says remembering the scars he points to.

“kinda… I-I might tell you, you seem trustworthy and quite nice.”

“Your
Choice, want to know how I got mine?” Claude asks pouting to his scar.

“Hmm? Sure, looks like it’ll be interesting.”

“Well, Ingot an energy sword to the face, I jumped in front of a teammate, and an elite got me, defied a direct order and got sent here.” Claude says as he finishes eating.

“Eesh, I’ve seen those in action, glad you’re alive at least.” Zed said in surprise and awe. “Well even if you were… kinda punsihed for defying the order at least you teamate lived right?”

“Nope, got hit by a carbine not a mintue later, I held the position with five others, we lasted through the night and countless waves of those ■■■■ covies, last guy passed away at dawn from blood loss, I barely made it to the pelican.” Claude says sadly.

“Sheesh, sounds bad, still glad you made it.”