Removing the unability to edit old topics?

I hope someone of the @Mod_Squad notices this.

I feel like this has been an ever-hated addition on the boards. The fact that you cannot edit your own thread after two or so months is very, very restricting.

What’s more annoying is that even if you update the thread every day, it will still get blocked like this. Because of this, huge brainstorming threads like my Mahri-Nui pitch for G3 will either have to rely on updates in posts below, which will result in nightmarish orientation and will harden the seek for updates greatly, or result in a making of new topic, solely for the purpose of keeping the topic “alive”.

My question is not who came up with this, but rather, is it possible to remove?
At least for the actively-updated threads. Huge brainstorming topics will die just because of this simple feature, which is extremely unfair and sad in my opinion.
It has become a big problem over in the Brickonicle section, where brainstorming threads are every-day thing.

I don’t know if I am right in this, but I believe @Waj could do something about this issue.

I really do not want to sound rude when I’m saying this, but I simply hate this feature. If you could make it so the thread becomes lock after 2 months of no updates, I think it would be fair. But locking active and discussed thread is non-sense in my opinion.

Thank you very much for reading this and I hope someone will answer. Enjoy the day!

4 Likes

The restrictions on editing old topics has definitely been brought up before, and has been an ever-present and persistent issue:

I believe it’s a function of the platform that the boards uses: Discourse.

But I’ll bring it up with the staff once more to see if there is any way of lifting the restriction. I hope it can be fixed.

– Waj

6 Likes

I have read that post but there was no clear answer as to why it was implemented or if it could be removed/fixed.

Either way, thank you very much for your answer! I really appriciate your help!

2 Likes

i think it’s for preservation purposes, in order to keep old threads as they are, for archival needs.

1 Like

Good news!

The issue was able to be fixed. Please see if you can edit your topic, @AntrozT6.

– Waj

3 Likes

I am! Thank you very much, Waj! I really appriciate your help!

2 Likes

Don’t thank me, thank Var.

Var is the real mvp, I’m just the messenger.

– Waj

9 Likes