Rescuers of the Light (Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard)

The general idea behind my entries was to keep them close to the official Hagah sets. I was fine with having simpler models with more constraints this time around. I followed a theme of distributing variances either among half the team or only 2 of them, including:
-Bomonga and Pouks have different feet and thigh armor.
-Kualus, Iruini, and Gaaki have flat plate chest armor, Pouks, Norik, and Bomonga have heavier armor
-two use Rahkshi legs, two use Vahki legs, two use other legs

I first built these a few months ago, and as they were tweaked some ideas had to be changed for consistency and meeting the requirements. I thought of having Gaaki be gunmetal grey for a 2-2-2 color distribution since the Uniter armor and Metru feet come in that color, but I don’t have easy access to paint or 3D-modeled parts and don’t have blades useable as spear tips in that color that I wanted to use (I’ll get to Pouks). With a few exceptions, I won’t be too picky with what I require to be kept the same in the art, since Gaaki now disrupts my original Toa unit. If I had been able to, I would have given all of them different armor colors.

As a note, as part of keeping with the sets all of these have gear functions. For the group and entry pictures I added parts to stop the gears like so:

Toa Bomonga

Entry Photo.

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)

I would have liked to use the same Inika feet as Pouks.

Breakdown Photos:

Toa Pouks

Entry Photo.

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (yes)

I initially wanted to use the air katana piece for the spear. I used this piece as a compromise, but I strongly encourage artists to change it.

I would have made the upper arms/legs brown if I had the pieces in those colors.

Breakdown Photos:

Toa Gaaki

Entry Photo

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)

I only have one of the upper arm/leg parts in dark blue, otherwise I would have used that.

Breakdown Photos:

Toa Kualus

Entry Photo

I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)

I first made Kualus all white, but added the black to match the rest of the Hagah.

Breakdown Photos:

Group height comparison:

15 Likes

More interesting last minute entries. They all have unique shoulder armor and shields…

2 Likes

I assume gaaki’s mask is probably just a placeholder (at least in terms of color) but it made me realize metru brown and metru blue are actually a pretty nice combination.

also bomonga’s shoulder armor is pretty neat.

5 Likes

Now that I look at it, you’re right…

1 Like

So sad no one has done a proper thunder thighs Pouks yet
Very nice entries! I like Bomonga’s shoulders and the contrast in colour, I also like the use of existing gun-metal parts on Pouks.

3 Likes

Bomonga is really cool. I really like the shoulders and the snazzy shield

1 Like