Returning Community Member from 7+ Years Ago

Hi, everyone :slight_smile:
I was a very active member of this community around 2013-2015, the creator of a pretty embarrassing stop-motion fanseries about certain members of TTV, and (if i remember correctly–I was 13 then and I don’t know if I could handle revisiting it) a rather obnoxious guest host on an episode of the podcast.
I’ve recently been revisiting my old interests as an adult, and I have a lot of fond memories of the TTV podcast and the broader online Bionicle community from that time of my life, so I thought I’d make a post and see if anyone remembers me. Mods, feel free to let me know if this is the wrong header to post this under. I’m sure things have changed a lot since I was a teenager.
I’m a little sad to see I was pretty rude to other users back in the day, and embarrassed to think about the way I idealized the TTV folks–some of whom were only a few years older than me–and treated them like celebrities in ways I’m sure made them uncomfortable.
Obviously, I’ve changed a lot–I went from a dweeby teenaged boy who was really desperate to seem cool online to an adult woman (yes, some stereotypes are true :P) with a lot more real-life friends and fewer insecurities. I feel like I never showed much appreciation for the people in this community, and I’d like to offer my thanks now for being patient with a younger me who was going through a lot and had a lot to prove.
Anyways, my name is River, but if anyone remembers me it would be by this username or my edgy OC “Farathorn Worldcrusher.” I’d love to reconnect with anyone who knew me back then, and to anyone who doesn’t, just know I appreciate this community still being around. Be excellent to each other.
<3

9 Likes

Greetings and welcome back, @frodobell! I’m @Rukah!

Welcome back. While it is nice to see old members return, I would recommend putting this in the Introduce Yourself topic instead of making it its own topic

3 Likes