Rhubarb and Mulberry

No new message

Ba da da ding

“Hesitant are you? Perhaps you have some wisdom after all. If you would humor me in return now, let me adjust time.”

IMG_1695a

Do you remember why sis moved us here?

Not really? Why do you ask? Wait! Don’t tell me you’ve entered midlife crisis already Mully! We’re too young!

What?! No, I’m fine! . . . Okay, maybe a little. Just feels like there was something we were supposed to do and it never happened. . . Where are you going?

I’m just going a safe distance to not catch the crisis! I can support you from here!

Rhubarb:
IMG_1706a
The real crisis would be if I lost the gems in my new earrings.

Why do you people always look at us like that? We only want honest and simple lives, we aren’t up to a dozen schemes. Come on, you can trust me.

General Body:

Or not I guess, I’ve got work to do.

Come on cuties, got to get our steps in!

The Cutie Pies:
IMG_1728a

Aren’t they the best? So glad I found them.

Pie Filling:
IMG_1730a
IMG_1732a
IMG_1736a
IMG_1738a

Tart to most, but he’s very sweet. Always looking out for the pack, trying to dig up new treats.

Pie Crust:
IMG_1740a
IMG_1742a
IMG_1746a
IMG_1747a

Lazy but warm. Makes for a great pillow friend.

Pie Tin:
IMG_1748a
IMG_1751a
IMG_1754a

And Tin…okay, so Tin likes Mully more than me. But he’s still mine! Except for when he eats the wire fences!

Hey, that’s my favorite store! Sick’em!

Attack Extras

IMG_1760a

You aren’t supposed to fight back and hurt my dogs! Alright, time for a beatdown.
IMG_1755a

IMG_1767a

Alt

Mully, how many times have we told you?

Come on, vampire bat is so much cooler than being a silly fruit bat.

You look ridiculous.

Ridiculously cool! Probably. I broke the mirror.

Mulberry:
IMG_1686a

Rhubarb doesn’t know what she’s talking about. I can drink twice as many smoothies now! Or an extra large one twice as fast.

And get a freeze brain even faster!

I can’t hear you over the sounds of double slurp!

That’s even worse.

General Body:

Backpack Functions:
IMG_1676a
IMG_1681a

Full Body Shot

Big sis always did have trouble giving rides, but with my fancy backpack, that will never be an issue. If I ever have little ones to carry around. Though it sure can hold a lot of stuff.

Demonstration with Pie Tin:
IMG_1766a

It’s even dog-capable!

IMG_1774a
That’s enough, back off. This treasure is ours.

Gutted

IMG_1780a
IMG_1781a
IMG_1784a
IMG_1786a

Incomplete Family Picture:
IMG_1721a

Alt

IMG_1722a

“Though this may never come to pass, if you change your mind.”

19 Likes

very good, it seems like they hit their growth spurt

more bats is always good

6 Likes

Pie Filling is a very interesting name for a pet.

9 Likes

The pink and black color scheme is put together very well.

4 Likes

Dang, these bats are souped up. Very cool designs!

4 Likes

@Monopoly Everything grows up eventually. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks!

@Sonus It’s a completely normal name, I can assure you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@Droconis Lego magenta to be precise. It was the primary motivator for making older versions of them, to see if I could still use magenta as Rhubarb’s color scheme. In the last several years, we’ve gotten a ton of purple and pink parts, but only just enough to make it work for her. Or at least with my way of building, but a fun enough challenge.

I did consider having her use other shades of pink/purple/red, but magenta stands out more. Similar with Mulberry, who in earlier stages had dark blue as part of his color scheme to more easily relate him to Bumbleberry. But the parts I had on me didn’t look as good.

@T4k4nuv4 Thanks! They take a lot after their sister. Earlier versions had them more heavily armed, mainly Rhubarb who basically had bazookas, but didn’t look as good. Keeping to a few missiles keeps them closer in line with Bumbleberry.

6 Likes

Lucky with Lego vip you could order some newer parts. I am waiting on mine right now. But let me know if you need any help. I’m good at finding things.

4 Likes

alright I’ve started drawing them

just for reference, what are the Slizer arms on their backs for?

7 Likes

Basically robotic arms for interfacing and using older types of weapons, or “relic weaponry arms” as the Bumbleberry entry put it. For throwing disks or channeling other powers into their missiles all “Eliminator” style.

6 Likes